LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83
  1. #11

    Thumbs up

    Do you never drive a automobile or motorcycle that runs on gasoline or diesel? Do you not have a plug-in hybrid or electric car that runs on, or do you not air-condition your home, with power bought from the electric company?

    Or even, do you voluntarily pay more for power generated from renewables (if this is offered in your area)? Did you relocate close to work so you could ride a bike instead of driving?

    If the answer is "no", then you are "they." Those are your oil platforms, dudes. The next time you roll up to the beach in your car for a session, you'll be able to look out and see what allowed you to get to the beach and ride your petrolium byproduct while you're kept warm by even more oil-based materials, right there in your backyard, instead of in some Saudi bedouin's. When you step on a tar ball, that's your imported Brazilian beef burger, smeared all over your bootie. It's finally come home to roost, NIMBY's.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    217
    Sh*t, between this and the NSA Obama's no better than Bush. Well maybe a little better, but still horrible.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Marlton, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    356
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Bump View Post
    Do you never drive a automobile or motorcycle that runs on gasoline or diesel? Do you not have a plug-in hybrid or electric car that runs on, or do you not air-condition your home, with power bought from the electric company?

    Or even, do you voluntarily pay more for power generated from renewables (if this is offered in your area)? Did you relocate close to work so you could ride a bike instead of driving?

    If the answer is "no", then you are "they." Those are your oil platforms, dudes. The next time you roll up to the beach in your car for a session, you'll be able to look out and see what allowed you to get to the beach and ride your petrolium byproduct while you're kept warm by even more oil-based materials, right there in your backyard, instead of in some Saudi bedouin's. When you step on a tar ball, that's your imported Brazilian beef burger, smeared all over your bootie. It's finally come home to roost, NIMBY's.
    Argument is invalid. When you refer to us as the "they" the only type of impact we can have is by trying to press our views and opinions to those who can make decision in legislation that will take affect. More specifically while I rely on the systems we use in our world that doesn't mean that I have to agree with them. I am a slave to them. By economic standards I'm poor as dirt, and that's how gas companies and non-renewable fuel companies want it. I could go all conspiracy theorist right now but not the time nor place. If I had the coin you better believe I'd be driving a tesla model s as a daily driving with a diesel e-350 converted to run on veggie oil for my surf trips. I applaud a lot of the auto companies for their r&d into new types of tech. Nothing is going to change overnight, with all the vehicles on the road today there is going to be a need for fossil fuels for a long time. But using methods to get that fossil fuel that WILL UNDOUBTEDLY fck the world up even more isn't the way to do it.

    My vision for the future is highly electrical based. I'm sure most of you guys have seen those phone charging mats that will charge your phone when you set it down on it. Now imagine that same wireless charging/electrical technology one MUCH larger scale. Incorporate that charging ability with the below proposed solar road panels and BAM you have electric cars with batteries that charge wireless from the road surface beneath. If more government funding and focus was put into this type of r&d instead of searching for oil our country as a whole and the world could work towards sustainability. That's my 2 cents in a nutshell.

    http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

    Last edited by ZombieSurfer; Jul 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,771
    Images
    6
    Someone's right we are all slaves to a degree. All one can do is minimize individual impact and spread awareness. I don't eat beef.


    Meant Zombie's right, god damn autocorrect on my kindle fire 247365si.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Jul 24, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    5,771
    Images
    6
    And I'm just as pissed about a whole host of other issues.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    southern NC
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Someone's right we are all slaves to a degree. All one can do is minimize individual impact and spread awareness. I don't eat beef.
    We are all slaves to the system. But a little conservation might have gone a long way over the last few decades. Most of us don't need to drive gas guzzlers, for instance, yet so many do. And it seems like for every one person who tries to minimize their own impact, there are 100 who get off on flaunting how they're maximizing theirs. Or maybe it just looks that way to me, 'cause I live in the south where all the little men drive big trucks.

    And then there's overpopulation. ......yeah, the future really looks bright, don't it?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    2,054
    u know if a regular joe discovered oil in his yard on the eastcoast bp would probably come and assassinate him and steal his land.i don't see oil running out anytime soon,all it is is fossil fuels,as in bones,as in dinosaurs,as in dinosaurs never existed because jesus said so,so I imagine its regular bones.dont know or care for the scientifics of it,but im sure in 200 years all the cemetaries will be oil wells

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    southern NC
    Posts
    265
    Am I the only one getting this ad on SI for "Oil Boom, earn income, 3rd generation oil operator, producing wells"? That's when I'm not seeing the one about hot asian mail order brides, of course.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Marlton, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    356
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Am I the only one getting this ad on SI for "Oil Boom, earn income, 3rd generation oil operator, producing wells"? That's when I'm not seeing the one about hot asian mail order brides, of course.
    ironic because this is the ad that showed up for me while reading your post haha

    Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 9.16.30 PM.jpg

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    southern NC
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurfer View Post
    ironic because this is the ad that showed up for me while reading your post haha

    Screen shot 2014-07-23 at 9.16.30 PM.jpg
    Now I've got one for "Invest in Oil and Gas Drilling" at the top of the page, and Oil Boom on the right. I have seen the green energy ad once or twice, though.