LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I think it is, but also with the added piece of chasing all the material sh!t we don't need...broke and wanting things is subjugation, broke and happy with the things you need(ie/board and wetsuit) is liberation...imho.
    yeah for sure, a lot of people feel the compulsion to go out and buy something they feel they need but is really just a want. I've gotten better at weighing out those things and strictly trying to just stay with the needs. I'm proud of myself I haven't been in a best buy in over a year lmao. Don't need that material crap to fill some void. Surfing and the stoke give it to me, negating the travel costs it's something free to do and there's no better feeling. I can't wait to get out of work and get in the water

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    We are all slaves to the system. But a little conservation might have gone a long way over the last few decades. Most of us don't need to drive gas guzzlers, for instance, yet so many do. And it seems like for every one person who tries to minimize their own impact, there are 100 who get off on flaunting how they're maximizing theirs. Or maybe it just looks that way to me, 'cause I live in the south where all the little men drive big trucks.

And then there's overpopulation. ......yeah, the future really looks bright, don't it?
    It's the same in the North. Countless expeditions, escalades, Hummers etc all rolling the highway on ridiculous commutes with a driver and no passengers. I'm not rocking a hybrid, but I keep our daily drivers at the 30MPG mark.

Until/unless Gas prices double or more, I don't see a change in habits here. That would require the government to drop subsidies, and I can't see that happening. Ford and GM have deep pockets, and f150s, Suburbans and the like are huge sellers and carry huge profits.

Does anyone else find it incredibly ridiculous when you look at the "flex fuel" plaque on the back of a Suburban, or Yukon as it's filling up at the tank? I mean really, that whole ethanol corn fuel crap is a zero sum game at teh cost of billions in subsidies.

Norway doesn't subsidize fuel prices, and it's around $10 at the pump. They instead use that money to provide free college education. I got three kids, I'll bike my fat a$$ to work if they want to put them through school for me. Man, I have to go find a thread actually about surfing. Thinking about this stuff is making me angry.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    Man, I have to go find a thread actually about surfing. Thinking about this stuff is making me angry.
    Or you could go out and actually surf? Nothing too special out there today but it's knee-waist and clean right now. I can't wait to get out of work and head into the water with the fishcuit lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Brilliant.

And guess what? WE are all the enemy now. Even after I got arrested and incarcerated I used to laugh at all the "we are a Police state" "black helicopter" people. But the more I look around, the more I see this sh!t happening.
    The complete disregard for the land- the shale drilling in PA, the f@cked up Monsanato stuff.
    The complete disregard for the water- BP, Exxon, all this drilling.
    The complete De-valuing of the dollar.
    The complete shredding (no pun intended) of our basic rights. (Cops smashing down doors, throwing tear gas canisters into a crib- google it). Shoot first ask questions later cop mentality that exists now.
    I just read about how the army is selling off surplus armored vehicles to police forces in the U.S.A. One town with a pop. of bout 3000 bought one. Why does a small town need an armored vehicle and it's own SWAT team?
    Sorry to go off the drilling topic but it's all starting to tie together. Sh!t aint right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    And guess what? WE are all the enemy now. Even after I got arrested and incarcerated I used to laugh at all the "we are a Police state" "black helicopter" people. But the more I look around, the more I see this sh!t happening.
    The complete disregard for the land- the shale drilling in PA, the f@cked up Monsanato stuff.
    The complete shredding (no pun intended) of our basic rights. (Cops smashing down doors, throwing tear gas canisters into a crib- google it). Shoot first ask questions later cop mentality that exists now.
    I just read about how the army is selling off surplus armored vehicles to police forces in the U.S.A. One town with a pop. of bout 3000 bought one. Why does a small town need an armored vehicle and it's own SWAT team?
    Sorry to go off the drilling topic but it's all starting to tie together. Sh!t aint right.
    watch- http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

Images
    Word Chavez, well said. And I saw that story you referenced, SWAT threw a flash bang in a crib and burned the sh!t out of a baby.

IMG_25918374335736.jpg

The police state has arrived.

couldn't have said better. We are slowly slipping down a dangerous slope. I wouldn't be surprised if are country is in a full blown police state in the next 10 or 20 years. I mean, we already got mass surveillance and the police force is slowly turning into a death squad. George Orwell might have guessed early but he guessed right.

check out Cop Block on FB. Awesome group.