LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Images
    They're still learning on their boogie boards. One day, though!

I'm always down to share the stoke and meet new peeps ferrsure man. If I'm ever in margate I'm be sure to shoot you a pm homie.

Quote Originally Posted by surfin paulie View Post
    ... I have very poor distance vision. Can't see well out in the water. That can have a big impact on meeting others. I usually don't interact with anyone while I'm out in the water, unless they're close up. I just can't see em well. I try and make up for it on the beach though. May get surfing glasses one day. You didn't mention whether you wear glasses or not....
    I have similar vision problems without my glasses - both distance and close up though. Can't distinguish faces. Gotten so I recognize others by their boards. The vision's gotten worse with age. It was tough getting used to going without glasses at first; now I don't worry about it much. Normally, I greet others nearby when I first paddle out.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I have similar vision problems without my glasses - both distance and close up though. Can't distinguish faces. Gotten so I recognize others by their boards. The vision's gotten worse with age. It was tough getting used to going without glasses at first; now I don't worry about it much. Normally, I greet others nearby when I first paddle out.
    Why don't ya guys wear contacts? I wouldn't be able to surf if I didn't wear my contacts out in the h20
    Last edited by TheWocal; Jul 24, 2014 at 03:07 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ravert View Post
    Good advice, thanks. I rarely venture outside of Margate but I'll have to see what's happening in Ventnor, AC, and OC. If you see me out there on a big yellow longboard, be sure to say hello. I'll do the same.
    Thanks again.
    Attachment 11687
    What's up brotha. I'm kind of newish to surfing but I'd be down to meet up and shred. I've been at O.C. every weekend since may. I'll be out there Fri-Sun this week. Let me know if you want to meet up. I'd be down to check out another break too. Feel free to send me a message, name is Kevin.

Images
    Dudeskis I think this guy is for real... I don't know how you don't find any friends after 15 yrs of surfing the same spot... But you seem legit.

My advise- there is one swellinfo.com member that is also surfing and looking for friends in that area- so if you meet a guy with a funny accent named GRUVI - make sure to ask him to get pizza after- don't worry, he will pay...

Images
    I've only been surfing Margate the past 7 years or so, it was sporadic weekend trips to OC and Stone Harbor up until then. There's a Margate surfer named David that I would see sometimes but I don't even know his last name. I got a few PMs and will be around town this weekend. Looking forward to making new friends. Not an easy task these days. Thanks for all the chitchat.

Images
    I'm blind in the water too. Can't wear contacts because of an astigmatism. The contacts are weighted so if you rub your eyes the contacts spin and your cockeyed for the nest 3 minutes until the right themselves. Not fun when a set is coming, lol.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    Why don't ya guys wear contacts? I wouldn't be able to surf if I didn't wear my contacts out in the h20
    Went my entire life without them, got some about a month ago and it changed everything, stepped my game up big time, and they don't bother me, salt water burns my eyes after a 4hr session with or without em, but to have them now is a game changer. My advise to anybody considering them is to go for it!