LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Images
    I feel bad for you guys. I haven't surfed and not talked to someone new in a long time. I almost made a thread about it a couple weeks ago how everyone seems extra friendly lately. I guess we're just happy to have a wave when it's here or maybe I'm not getting in the middle of paddle battle city.

A while ago I tried to get all Mahatma on it and smile, cheer, congratulate, hoot and holler, basically be the change I wanted to see. One day I was paddling back out and saw a known face for the area catch a good wave and I cheered him on as he passed by. I guess I scared him or something because he scowled then ate it. That was in the rough waters of IOP though, they'll cut your neck out there.

You guys gotta lose the "burn me once, F you forever" attitude. It's just surfing when we get right down to it. You're doing it for pleasure. Sure, I get the supply and demand, limited resource thing. I don't think the ancient Hawaiians would want to surf with you if you acted like that.

fly a banner for no phytoplankton in our sinuses!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post

fly a banner for no phytoplankton in our sinuses!
    is that the reason my nose constantly runs in the water?when im in the water I blow out a snot rocket every 45 seconds.and my eyes burn.wtf do they put in that ocean???lol

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    is that the reason my nose constantly runs in the water?when im in the water I blow out a snot rocket every 45 seconds.and my eyes burn.wtf do they put in that ocean???lol
    Same here man, might be a sinus thing or something I think

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Hi, it's been a very long time I've not visited here and I saw your thread. I'd be elated to make friends and get back to practicing my surfing. Due to a life event change in my past year, I've put off all hobbies, especially my new love, surfing, and it's time I get back in the saddle again. I am new to surfing all over again due to my unfortunate lapse, but I hope to be ripping it again. Please feel free to PM me to give us an opportunity to meet up someday.
    G
    WHAT?!??? GRUVI !!!!! Your finally back- you can't just disappear like that for a whole year and not say anything!

Thats it- you owe us all pizza brah!

What happened? Was it the sardines?
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Jul 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM.

Lol! I would gladly buy everyone a slice if it were possible :-) what happened is a little too personal to share right now, but let's just say Gruvi has more more to himself to follow his interests a lot more than in the past. I missed you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    WHAT?!??? GRUVI !!!!! Your finally back- you can't just disappear like that for a whole year and not say anything!

Thats it- you owe us all pizza brah!

What happened? Was it the sardines?

Lol! I would gladly buy everyone a slice if it were possible :-) what happened is a little too personal to share right now, but let's just say Gruvi has more more to himself to follow his interests a lot more than in the past. I missed you guys.
    Try again in English dude.

I meant to write I have more time to myself.

Oh do tell us more

Images
    Sounds like you went through a tough time. Your SI family is always here for you friend!

That is a nice sentiment Clemson, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Sounds like you went through a tough time. Your SI family is always here for you friend!