LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf Vehicles.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I almost bought an Element when I got my truck, kinda wish I did so I could sleep in it. I have a tacoma.
    I'm with seldom on this one- I go with the pickup truck for a surf vehicle... Putting aside looks and performance- it is by far the most surf friendly vehicle. No more having to deal with surf racks. No more wet trunks/ back seats. No more stink inside from wetsuits. Just throw everything in the back and go.. I don't even strap in my longboards anymore... Some guys use a bungie or something but it's not really needed. My trucks heat gets super hot quickly in the winter too. Rubber floor mats and you got it made.

Right now I have a Nissan frontier- in the past I had a honda element- worked out pretty good. I use to be able to strap a shortboard to the interior roof so you could keep it in there for days without wax melting. Plus I had slept in it on many occasions... And getting it wet wasn't that big a deal. But it's just easier with a truck.

Only other vehicle I would get is a big work van- so you can stand in the back and change in the winter....

Ford Expedition here, 4x4, 5.4L V8. My board goes diagonally in the back without even having to put the rear seats down. Third row seats if I need them, but the entire back folds flat if I need to haul a bigger load. Hatch opens vertically to keep the rain off when changing. I only average 16mpg though which sucks, but I don't drive that much. Not even 10K a year. I've had two full size pickups in the past and will probably get one again once I get sick of this thing. I miss not being able to just throw stuff in the back. I don't mean just surf stuff, but building materials, junk to take to the dump, etc. Pickups are a little more versatile. That said, this Expedition is a very comfortable ride for a big vehicle. Makes trips to Hatteras really enjoyable aside from the MPG. I've got to air down a lot if I go in sand with it though. It's heavy as hell compared to the trucks I've had.

I drive a 2007 Scion Tc stick shift and think it's one of the better combinations of convenience and efficiency (28-32MPG). Packed her up 2 months ago and drove clear across the country with all my valuable possessions and my favorite shred stick (6'0" WRV Wombat). Crossed 100k on Hwy 1 somewhere near Malibu and eventually made it to my new home in Oakland.

20140516_122344.jpg20140521_180323.jpg

Pretty much in love with hatchbacks now. If I had more dollars, I'd go for the hatchback version of the Suburu Impreza WRX or the Outback Sport. They look awesome and I'd really like to have AWD

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post

Surf mobile
    ****'s and staples... two things that should never ever go together

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 3.20.12 PM.jpgMitsubishi lancer sportback
    Fast (er than my old buick)
    Cheap ($17K brand new)
    roomy (6 boards, no passengers)

Images
    this.

WP_20140724_004.jpg

Okay here it is. I can fit 12 boards inside ( when i travel distance they go on top). I can fit my wife and 7 kids comfortably in the van. Downfall 12 MPG in Cocoa Beach and 16MPG on I95.We call this the " Impacting the coast for JESUS" mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by MY SAVIOR View Post
    WP_20140724_004.jpg

Okay here it is. I can fit 12 boards inside ( when i travel distance they go on top). I can fit my wife and 7 kids comfortably in the van. Downfall 12 MPG in Cocoa Beach and 16MPG on I95.We call this the " Impacting the coast for JESUS" mobile.
    Why would you have 12 boards inside? Bait for the kiddies that you're impacting on the coast?
    Thread hijacking freak. Sicko.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    this.

And on the 13th day the lawd said PVC is good.