LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1

    Surfing Dogs Hit The Waves


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    2,054
    I think its animal cruelty taking dogs surfing.some of those dogs look horrified.i wouldn't put my dog in that situation,hed fall off and start freeking out and probably try to bite me if I rescue him.maybe those bulldogs or whatever breed they are that also skate can handle it,but my dogs too big.i don't even think he can swim lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Labs are great swimmers, i'd put one on a LB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    I think its animal cruelty taking dogs surfing.some of those dogs look horrified.i wouldn't put my dog in that situation,hed fall off and start freeking out and probably try to bite me if I rescue him.maybe those bulldogs or whatever breed they are that also skate can handle it,but my dogs too big.i don't even think he can swim lol
    Agreed. We all know that the human capacity for being a total douche canoe when it comes to dogs is essentially unlimited. We've all seen humans who should not own a goldfish let alone a dog. I'm a HUGE dog guy, it's easy to read dogs, they don't lie cause they can't lie, i.e., those emotions on their faces (tension, stress, wtf-ness) reflect idiot owners making them get on boards.

    Some of the dog owners in that vid are obviously forcing it on the animals. People are self-serving morons.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,688
    Depends on the dog Yankee.... I'm a big dog person myself, i'd never put my dog on a board, but I've seen some bigger dogs like labs, pits, etc. that love the water and dig playing in the surf, I saw first hand in PR a dog that was skilled in the ocean, this dog was chasing a stick thrown by his owner and getting it out of 5 foot of waves, swimming around for a bit and then getting back out, was just having a blast. Depends on the dog dude. Mine would have a heart attack so he don't get to surf.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,392
    Images
    8
    Take it easy Parcheesi(s).

    How did your dog react to the leash the first time you put it on him?
    How did your dog react to the stairs the first time you made him go down them?
    How did your dog react to snow the first time the saw it?
    How did your dog react to the peanut butter game the first time you played?
    How did your dog react to the first time you left them home alone?
    How did your dog react in any new situation?

    Probably just like these dogs. Slightly apprehensive then they got used to it. Dogs naturally acclimate to the conditions their leaders put them through. It's their nature, that's what makes them such great companions.

    Cep, you think this is animal cruelty? These pampered fur-babies from Cali probably eat better than half the guys on this site. And a dog guy like you should know that a bulldog is probably the least suited for water than any other breed. I knew a guy that had one that lived near a lake. He was constantly scared his bulldog would drown if he fell in the water because he couldn't lift his nose higher than his chest. They're an example of breeding gone wrong. Every single one born has to be delivered by doggy cesarean or the b!tch (proper usage btw) and the pups die.


    Here's some animal cruelty from Dogmans right next to Marias in PR. That F'er should fry.
    dogmans.jpg

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    I think its animal cruelty taking dogs surfing.some of those dogs look horrified.i wouldn't put my dog in that situation,hed fall off and start freeking out and probably try to bite me if I rescue him.maybe those bulldogs or whatever breed they are that also skate can handle it,but my dogs too big.i don't even think he can swim lol
    My dog jumped outta my car, swam out to me a good 100ish yards, then jumped on my board, 3 times in a row. Although she still doesnt quite get the holding still on the board and facing forward part. She also will swim all day, and go completely under water diving for stuff. Some dogs just want to be out with their owner. And some just love the water.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Agreed. We all know that the human capacity for being a total douche canoe when it comes to dogs is essentially unlimited. We've all seen humans who should not own a goldfish let alone a dog. I'm a HUGE dog guy, it's easy to read dogs, they don't lie cause they can't lie, i.e., those emotions on their faces (tension, stress, wtf-ness) reflect idiot owners making them get on boards.

    Some of the dog owners in that vid are obviously forcing it on the animals. People are self-serving morons.
    My dogs are alive today for my own entertainment. I rescued both of them from real abuse or from a kill shelter. I treat them well, they get better health care than me, and they are loved by my family and I (2 kids and wife). However, they are the jesters of my home, and I laugh at their own expense, every day. I say, put your dogs on surfboards and watch them freak-out. Enjoy!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    My dog jumped outta my car, swam out to me a good 100ish yards, then jumped on my board, 3 times in a row. Although she still doesnt quite get the holding still on the board and facing forward part. She also will swim all day, and go completely under water diving for stuff. Some dogs just want to be out with their owner. And some just love the water.
    That's awesome. I wish my dogs liked the water more. They are puzzies when it comes to water.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Depends on the dog Yankee.... I'm a big dog person myself, i'd never put my dog on a board, but I've seen some bigger dogs like labs, pits, etc. that love the water and dig playing in the surf, I saw first hand in PR a dog that was skilled in the ocean, this dog was chasing a stick thrown by his owner and getting it out of 5 foot of waves, swimming around for a bit and then getting back out, was just having a blast. Depends on the dog dude. Mine would have a heart attack so he don't get to surf.
    In agreement, D-SUP - - you get no bark from me on that aspect.