LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post

this is me and my german sheppard puppy look how he keeps looking back at me ha. he even rides down the face of the wave.
    wow dude u proved me wrong,i had no idea a shepherd could surf lol.I been afraid my shepherd would drown and hes too big for an easy rescue.thats awesome tho u had ur dog surfing as a pup

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    im sure some dogs can handle it,but still I wouldn't force it on my dog.like if I was on the beach with my dog and I went out surfing and he swam out to me with a big smile on his face then maybe id give it a go.but more dog gets viscious when u try to put him in a bath.i always expect dogs to be dogs,if I get bit its because I did something stupid.
    Do you really think that way? Are you talking about your dogs biting you or some random street dog? You train dogs don't you?

If your dogs are biting on the reg. like 1/year. Your not doing something right. They need to know that theyre not the alpha otherwise it could be unhealthy for you and them.

first seals, now rangers

now would be a good time to tell the forum why you are trying to act like a space shuttle door gunner

Emass you were right dude, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by surfin paulie View Post
    Just sayin that the heavily muscled guys don't usually do well in the water. I knew a few big weightlifters that were scared of the water and sank like a rock. Muscle density and all... Pit bulls seem the same way. Lots of muscle, but not so good in the water. The SEALs I saw were not big body builder big muscle guys. They were big enough, but not what TV portrays em as. Yes, I was on a base with the SEALs. Totally by accident. I just went for shore duty at a little repair depot. Was an electronics tech. Stationed at Little Creek, Va. Ends up that's where the SEALs were, so we met. They kept to themselves, so I wasn't their drinkin buddy or any of that stuff. I just raced against em on the track and in the pool. They really didnt LOOK like they were all that, but under that little bit of insulation, they were hard core sh**. Just not what you'd expect em to look like, though. If you look at lots of the best female swimmers and guards, often it aint the runway model types that kick a**. It's the ones with a little extra insulation too.

All I was tryin to say is that some dogs seem more physically suited to the H2O. In my experience, the people most legendary in the water, the SEALs, are probably the same. The Ranger comment was just that maybe THEY COULD be a muscled up dude. They don't have to be in the water. TV makes us think things that aint true some times.
    raise your hand if you think i actually read that

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Do you really think that way? Are you talking about your dogs biting you or some random street dog? You train dogs don't you?

If your dogs are biting on the reg. like 1/year. Your not doing something right. They need to know that theyre not the alpha otherwise it could be unhealthy for you and them.
    im speaking in general of shepherds.it is very common for a shepherd in distress to bite their owner or whoever.theres stories of navy seals jumping out of helicopters with a dog strapped to them and the dog flips out and bites the handler.same in the water.this is common sense,dogs don't have arms to grab onto u and stay calm

Paulie I think you are wrong about Pits not being good swimmers, they are great athletes, lean muscles but built like a brick sh*t house if cared for properly. Not dysfunctional muscle like a body builder, that's bullocks. They are pound for pound the most agile, strong, athletic dogs there are, which is what makes em so dangerous if not properly trained. They aren't the largest of dogs, medium compared to some others, but they run sh*t in the dog community. Love em, but only with the right owner.

from reading the waves under the surface thread,if a person is in distress of drowning,they tend to fight and make the rescue extremely difficult.someone going under the surface is going to pull u down with them and possibly kill u.same things with dogs.they don't have arms to push u under to keep them afloat so they will bite,and im not talking daschunds or Chihuahuas.shyyyt I personally know the Kelly slater,andy irons,parkos of dog training.legends of the trade who charge 80k for a trained working dog.my own personal dog for example,i walk him without a leash,little children come up and pet him,and at 1 command I can send him off to take a person down,if I wanted to,but I don't need my dog getting put down.look up the sport shutzhund,that's all it is,a sport for working dogs.dogs that bite on the reg,first off weren't trained to bite,its simply an obedience problem and we can fix that too.

there are a lot of seals that came from texas.chris kyle the American sniper dude,a Texan.and the dude that got me into dog training,mike reitland,another seal from texas.the eastcoast doesn't have that shoot anything that moves mentality that texas has.stand ur ground snaggers

dear paulie,

i have extreme add and i don't read anything longer than one sentence.

love,

metard