LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images

read

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...sue_of_oi.html
    go on this and it will tell about whats happenng

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    tbing: care to link us to your source of information explaining how all of these things are bad for the ocean and environment?
    You really think that pollution and debris is good for the ocean and environment?

Oh no, some fish might die.

Images
    As aways, the Liberals want to scream " the sky is falling" without any proof of distruction. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with surfrider on this one. We need energy, and the fact is it can be gotten with little or no impact on the environment. If you're against anymore drilling, may I suggest you sell your car, quit using your a/c, stop consuming resources, and go back to living like a caveman. It will leave more energy for the rest of us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    As aways, the Liberals want to scream " the sky is falling" without any proof of distruction. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with surfrider on this one. We need energy, and the fact is it can be gotten with little or no impact on the environment. If you're against anymore drilling, may I suggest you sell your car, quit using your a/c, stop consuming resources, and go back to living like a caveman. It will leave more energy for the rest of us.
    Its attitudes like this which is why no matter what some people do. It will never help. If everyone did their part it would help. Instead people do all they can to use less, and people like this don't give a **** and only care about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Its attitudes like this which is why no matter what some people do. It will never help. If everyone did their part it would help. Instead people do all they can to use less, and people like this don't give a **** and only care about themselves.
    Tbing: attitudes like his have no effect on anything...the whole "liberals cry the sky is falling" or "conservatives are in the pocket of the oil companies" are the kind of repeated slogans that people say when they don't feel like doing any research and forming their own opinion. treat it like the static it is and tune it out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Tbing: attitudes like his have no effect on anything...the whole "liberals cry the sky is falling" or "conservatives are in the pocket of the oil companies" are the kind of repeated slogans that people say when they don't feel like doing any research and forming their own opinion. treat it like the static it is and tune it out.
    Read the part of the quote that I bold'd. Thanks

Images
    I have heard that some of the best fishing can be had from those platforms. Doesn' t sound like the fish hate them. A good point was made that without the gas from these facilities there will be more tankers on the sea coming from other places and more chance for environmental degradation due to spills and such. You sound emotional in your posts, (could be mis-reading) . To bring emotion into the discussion does nothing and only complicates things. It's like trying to have a rational discussion with your wife or girlfriend and then she starts crying, all productivity stops and you spend your time trying to stop the tears and not dealing with the actuall issue. We need energy, if you want to become a victim of a power dictatorship with your life governed by someone far away in another country with all the energy recources keep voting against sources of power. Don't characterize everyone with a different opinion a non environmentalist, that is just another way of stifling free speach by gagging us with the monster of political correctness.
    Last edited by Zippy; Jul 15, 2008 at 06:45 PM.

It would interesting to see a breakdown of supporters of this and those who won't sign based on their age. It's easy to sign this when you don't pay the heating bill every month. when you do, you have to make some compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    You really think that pollution and debris is good for the ocean and environment?
    I said nothing of the sort. I simply asked where your information that such a project would in fact create pollution and debris is coming from, other than one's own assumptions?