LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Maui, Oahu,Monterrey?

dudes? which would be the best, im so conflicted. i think oahu would just be a zoo, Monterrey would be cold but wouldn't be as crowed. maui i would think would be a little less crowed than the north shore, im conflicted. where does a southern dude fit in one of those places in the far west,far away from the glorious south? where are the people the most laid back, if anyone has every surfed in south carolina you know our vibe, we treat you like family. hell last week some kid was surfing a 7,0 wasnt catching **** he wasnt at that stage yet in surfing and gave him my lb for a hour so he could get some rides, while i dogged it on his, then gave some more tourist chikas lessons, because the swell was all gone. wheres the best place yall? the south is the best but no waves, and belmar is just to cold for me and my benching is top notch.

It's FIRING in gaza right now

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Too soon? HAHAHAHA

West Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    That's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    dudes? which would be the best, im so conflicted. i think oahu would just be a zoo, Monterrey would be cold but wouldn't be as crowed. maui i would think would be a little less crowed than the north shore, im conflicted. where does a southern dude fit in one of those places in the far west,far away from the glorious south? where are the people the most laid back, if anyone has every surfed in south carolina you know our vibe, we treat you like family. hell last week some kid was surfing a 7,0 wasnt catching **** he wasnt at that stage yet in surfing and gave him my lb for a hour so he could get some rides, while i dogged it on his, then gave some more tourist chikas lessons, because the swell was all gone. wheres the best place yall? the south is the best but no waves, and belmar is just to cold for me and my benching is top notch.
    hint: theres' a reason they call it the 7 mile miracle…pick oahu.

Are you talking to move to? Or just vacation?

I'm a kid from detroit that stayed all around oahu for 8 years... the spots you hear about are always packed, but there's plenty of less frequented spots that absolutely go off on all sides of that island and stay mellow crowd-wise. late summer is slow for waves, but other than that you can almost always find some water moving. it's really easy to get into spearfishing there too.

if you're laid back and respectul, it's a great place with great people. missing it a lot, but it was time to move my haole self back to the mainland for family stuff.

no matter where you choose, respect, like the guy above me said will do wonders for you. Make eye contact, give a nod, and make small talk if you go to hawaii. California, i dont know about. No matter what, walk softly and be ready to give up a lot of waves to locals before you get some. I would choose Oahu but i have never been to Maui.

gtfo blasters unless u bring your sister