LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guess I'll just head to Lake Cochituate after work and see if I can convince any boaters to buzz me so I can ride their wakes... But yeah I am down for a sesh anytime the waves are better and I can get off work

Images
    Mr. tetus probly gonna be at the usual spot Sunday morning, got a bunch of crap to take care of this weekend though so I'm kinda up in the air.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epictetus View Post
    Questions / Things I've Noticed

* It seems like there is usually (especially for S / SE swells) a big drop in wave height between the Block Island buoy (44097) and 1st/2nd beach -- i.e. buoy reading of 4ft 7second = 2ft waves hitting Newport

* Also seems like there is some delay (Maybe an hour?) from when the buoy reports a swell to when it hits the beach, although that's hard to tell since the buoy only updates once an hour.

* The first beach cams are a very iffy thing -- only updates every 20 minutes and the last update may have been a brief flat spell, they're only really good for telling if it is huge or not / seeing if there are like 100 people surfing at 1st beach... although on a 6-8ft day with the angle of the cam you might only be able to see the whitewash/people paddling out

* Checking the Gansett cam can help a lot too

* Usually if the Block Island buoy is less than 6 feet, it isn't worth driving to Rhode Island IMO
    Dude, I live 2 1/2 hours away from RI which is my closest place where real waves break and I go there every damn weekend. Wait, how far are you away?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BANANABREAD View Post
    RI number?

Dude - call Sid @ Water Bros. 401-848-9283 or 401-849-9283.

He is at the beach @ 6 a.m. every morning and will make an update if things change. Unless he is surfing himself.

https://www.facebook.com/WaterBrothers

Quote Originally Posted by epictetus View Post
    Guess I'll just head to Lake Cochituate after work and see if I can convince any boaters to buzz me so I can ride their wakes... But yeah I am down for a sesh anytime the waves are better and I can get off work
    How bout an si meet/greet/surf rhodeys hospitable beaches?
    we could camp at burlingame state forest - no hook-ups but only $20 p/night.
    (blank surf spot) only 10 mins away and if conditions warrant we could group-assault the prime venues.
    maybe when a (well-behaved) hurricane comes up the coast.
    we could forge a social model that could be applied to other (well, east coast) states.

posting in this thread

Images
    I'm down for Burlingame

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'm down for Burlingame
    Dude, Burlingame is my place......