LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

An Island To Oneself

a good read for downtime. i don't know if i could handle it but i'd like to try...

This is the story of six years which I spent alone, in two spells on an uninhabited coral atoll half a mile long and three hundred yards wide in the South Pacific. It was two hundred miles from the nearest inhabited island, and I first arrived there on October 7, 1952 and remained alone (with only two yachts calling) until June 24, 1954, when I was taken off ill after a dramatic rescue.
    I was unable to return to the atoll until April 23, 1960 and this time I remained alone until December 27, 1963.
    http://www.privateislandsonline.com/...to_oneself.pdf

as much as I hate civilization,i couldn't live without it.it might sound cool being stuck in a wave rich paradise,but when u have to catch ur own food and boil piss for water lol,civilization doesn't sound so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    as much as I hate civilization,i couldn't live without it.it might sound cool being stuck in a wave rich paradise,but when u have to catch ur own food and boil piss for water lol,civilization doesn't sound so bad.
    civilization is optional. however, with the distaff side indoor plumbing is mandatory.

that was pretty cool

i would need a girl, lover, catamite etc

That would be AWESOME! As long as i had a board or two, and the island had a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    that was pretty cool

i would need a girl, lover, catamite etc
    1aaa.jpg

il keep u company

Maybe if I shared it with Ginger and Mary Ann.