LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation RESPECT THE RIDER cause the next one might be you...

with summer comes crowding and a loss of etiquette that should not occur. doods (and'ettes)
    THE RIDER HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY. the surfer up and moving down the line has first dibs
    on the the available space out there and if you're in their way YOU SHOULD NOT BE. which means
    (as a courtesy) you ACTIVELY MOVE TO GET OUT OF THEIR WAY. this action is incumbent on
    the pack and YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. how to do so? pick a 90 degree angle with the riders
    forward direction your starting point and paddle that way. or just plain move from the hot zone.
    this behavior is an intricate part of our sport and should be exhibited cause of the "don't do me
    like that" factor. cause you wouldn't want it done to you.

i know i sound pompous but i really do have 50yrs short boarding experience and if this
    thread prevents one collision or fistfight then being a fathead was worth it.

I would also like to add to this: If someone is paddling for a wave and in position to take off and you keep shooting over and jumping in front of them, you are going to piss someone off.

Images
    Last edited by HighOnLife; Jul 30, 2014 at 04:34 PM.

Images
    ****ing swimmers I can't wait till they all leave the beach and we can go back to me being the only person in the water on the beach. Cheers for a good September and October.

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post
    both of these surfers are kooks. she shouldn't be going but if had any skill he could have avoided impact. he could have just pulled out.

Damn!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    both of these surfers are kooks. she shouldn't be going but if had any skill he could have avoided impact. he could have just pulled out.
    That was intentional as it gets. HILARIOUS, but intentional. But yeah, the guy is a bigger kook than her for sure. Look at him just angling his cut back...

That is either the worst, spray to the face attempt ever, or completely intentional.

i'll get flamed for this but...

i have punched people, been in fights, lost friends, etc because the other person wouldn't obey the rules or display proper etiquette. i used to have no patience for someone who was f'n things up.

i would not do that now for fear of it getting filmed, a lawsuit, charges, or whatever f**gits do these days.

times change and it will only get worse in the water imho

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    That was intentional as it gets. HILARIOUS, but intentional. But yeah, the guy is a bigger kook than her for sure. Look at him just angling his cut back...

That is either the worst, spray to the face attempt ever, or completely intentional.
    Not sure why you would lean your body away from your board and extend into that girl like that. I would definitely lean my body towards the girl and slap that fat ass when cruising by.

and she got what she deserverd

surfing can be a dangerous thing if you don't know the ocean or the rules

this ain't coloring books bich