LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post
    He has an NSP funboard, I don't think he was about to do a cutback..... Heres the full video:
    Damn that was gnarly. Whole video shows the truth.

Crazy... BUT! Check out ol' boy coppin a feel at 1:47. Nice.
    accident.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    a fitzpedo was caught on film and everyone went absolutely aighpesheeeet.
    Big fan of the Fitzpedo! When done properly nobody gets injured but the message gets sent.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    If they still don't get it, run em ova!
    mon of bass gets it. and, yeah run 'em over.....if cameras are not in place......and, i guess, forgive the
    beginners; less so the intermediates and never the experts.

Best use for a gopro I've seen to date! People fukcing up my rides really grinds my gears. Newbies, when you see a surfer up and going, you paddle in to the breaking part of the wave and take it on the head. Leave the shoulder to the rider.

and if you back paddle me, I'll poke your eye out

Respect the paddler too. I was paddling for a wave and this other guy was paddling back out to the lineup. He clearly saw that I was paddling for the wave and I was halfway standing up at that point, but he decided to turn around at the last moment and catch it too. Then he gives me the stink eye like I did something wrong. I kindly told him to paddle back out next time and wait his turn in the lineup like everybody else was doing.
    There was also another one that would paddle for a wave that was 50 yards away instead of just staying in his own area. He was paddling in front of everyone that was patiently waiting their turn for a ride.
    These were experienced surfers so there is no excuse for the bad etiquette. This is the type of stuff that causes problems in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Respect the paddler too. I was paddling for a wave and this other guy was paddling back out to the lineup. He clearly saw that I was paddling for the wave and I was halfway standing up at that point, but he decided to turn around at the last moment and catch it too. Then he gives me the stink eye like I did something wrong. I kindly told him to paddle back out next time and wait his turn in the lineup like everybody else was doing.
    There was also another one that would paddle for a wave that was 50 yards away instead of just staying in his own area. He was paddling in front of everyone that was patiently waiting their turn for a ride.
    These were experienced surfers so there is no excuse for the bad etiquette. This is the type of stuff that causes problems in the lineup.

There is no 'wait your turn'. Paddling in front though is ignorant.

8. Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Maybe he watched you paddle for the last 10 waves and not catch one. Maybe he was tired of you blowing waves. Surfing is not fair or even, and no one likes you. If you want "your turn" go to typhoon lagoon and pay to surf. ANYONE WHO IS PATIENTLY WAITING WILL NEVER GET A WAVE. Getting waves is a grind and you have to be on the hunt constantly. Point in fact, that guy got a ton of waves, and probably had a blast while your patiently waiting and then crying on surf threads. You're the surfing equivalent to being on welfare. You don't want to go out and earn your own waves, you just want people to hand you theirs. Go somewhere outside of the US where there are locals that do not care one bit about your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    and if you back paddle me, I'll poke your eye out
    Hahahaha! That and the fade. Before the wave breaks, both of you on the peak. The jerk is on your right shoulder, two feet away.He fakes going left to get you to not go right, then he goes right. Makes me see red and actually lose it. Foaming mouth, the whole nine. I was surprised at how pissed I got. He could have said, you go left, I'll go right?, and I may have said cool, or maybe I yell "going right bro" if the left looks like a close out and I am on the actual peaky peak part of the peak.

And that girl did not deserve that, but the guy was a total kook who rode her over. She did deserve a good slap on the butt for dropping in. I don't think I'll add that one to my repertoire, due to the PO PO. That would be hard to explain to the wife why I got locked up while surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    You're the surfing equivalent to being on welfare.
    I don't agree with everything you said. i think being patient may get you better waves. but this line is awesome