LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    In a heartbeat
    seems a little ridiculous if the collision was an accident and the surfer tried his best to avoid her.
    Intentional, then let the beating commence. accidental, then everyone yells at him and checks on the girl.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    ANYONE WHO IS PATIENTLY WAITING WILL NEVER GET A WAVE.
    although this is technically correct the real life application goes like this:

    EVEN A BLIND SQUIRREL FINDS A NUT NOW AND THEN.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    seems a little ridiculous if the collision was an accident and the surfer tried his best to avoid her.
    Intentional, then let the beating commence. accidental, then everyone yells at him and checks on the girl.
    It looked like the guy that hit her did stick around so I don't think it was intentional. I also did not see anyone else getting into his face about it. If it was intentional the guy probably would have just paddled back out and continued running other people over.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    253
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    I would also like to add to this: If someone is paddling for a wave and in position to take off and you keep shooting over and jumping in front of them, you are going to piss someone off.
    heck ya, and this goes to the original thread as well. SUPers really peave me off, long boarders that paddles up on down the coast too, the occasional summer kayacker...but up here it's usually the SUPers, the SUPers in the summer! I would add though that about 1 in 20 summer SUPers actually know what they're doing...

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    There is no 'wait your turn'. Paddling in front though is ignorant.
    true dat.....one exception, though.....WHEN THEY DEMAND (with their behavior) THAT YOU DO SO.

    I do it. they get frustrated...but most seem to understand.... (i watch 'em stew).....cause it is THEIR
    limitations that are in play and i give them one sympathy pass and then i'm done w/them.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    true dat.....one exception, though.....WHEN THEY DEMAND (with their behavior) THAT YOU DO SO.

    I do it. they get frustrated...but most seem to understand.... (i watch 'em stew).....cause it is THEIR
    limitations that are in play and i give them one sympathy pass and then i'm done w/them.
    If people are blowing waves, you definitely have to paddle around them deeper or just paddle for the same wave after they keep missing since they aren't going to catch it. So many people position themselves wrong on the shoulder and get mad when you to to the peak. I usually don't paddle to the front unless it's a good day and people don't know what they are doing.

    I do notice that long boarders have the advantage of being deeper as in your case and they start pulling this **** even though shortboarders are in the right position based on their board. I don't think it's always limitations but sometimes equipment. Any ahole can paddle a huge board and catch a wave, it has nothing to do with limitations, leave the skill to the shortboarders.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,915
    u know out of all my days surfing in nj,I have never been impressed by a shortboarder,ever!!like why do people ride em,if u don't know how to properly ride them.if u take off on a wave and shoot down the line and do nothing when u can be carving,cutback get the maxiumum potential out the ride.its honestly a waste of a good wave.now iv seen longboarders do better carves then shortboarders,I seen spongers get superbarreled,airdrops into closeouts,etc.but all the shrtboarders I see honestly fukin suck in nj.go back to basics if u cant ride em.idk maybe some people just want to cruise,and that's what longboards are for.shortboards are for performance,tearing the shyt out of the wave.its like slater said a long time ago,he got so good at surfing,because surfing in florida the waves suck and he tries to harvest every bit of power out of the wave.thats what u have to do on the eastcoast.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,915
    nothing wrong with longboarding.i guess most people want to ride a shortboard because they look cool.iv been at the beach countless times,see some dude take out an al merrik and il be like yea this dudes gonna do some shyt out there,and he does nothing lol.il ride whatever the day calls for,longboard,shortboard,sponge,bodysurf whatever.don't pick up a shortboard because the pros use them,thats why they are pros and u aren't,because they know how to ride them.im no stellar surfer myself,but I can do the basics.when people cant even do a bottom turn or a half azz cutback,just go use a longboard,youll have more fun.at the end of the day its all about you having fun,not what the people on the beach think.people on the beach don't even know what good surfing is,u can airdrop into a barrel,get spat out after 5seconds which is next to impossible overhere because the waves aint that long,and whoever u were trying to impress wasn't even watching.

    words of wizdumb

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    If people are blowing waves, you definitely have to paddle around them deeper or just paddle for the same wave after they keep missing since they aren't going to catch it. So many people position themselves wrong on the shoulder and get mad when you to to the peak.
    happened to me yesterday. i'd had plenty of rides so was not edgy about it but he was taking priority then blowing it
    and being angry. sigh. he later hit another (beginner; i think...) on a botched takeoff.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    nothing wrong with longboarding.i guess most people want to ride a shortboard because they look cool.iv been at the beach countless times,see some dude take out an al merrik and il be like yea this dudes gonna do some shyt out there,and he does nothing lol.il ride whatever the day calls for,longboard,shortboard,sponge,bodysurf whatever.don't pick up a shortboard because the pros use them,thats why they are pros and u aren't,because they know how to ride them.im no stellar surfer myself,but I can do the basics.when people cant even do a bottom turn or a half azz cutback,just go use a longboard,youll have more fun.at the end of the day its all about you having fun,not what the people on the beach think.people on the beach don't even know what good surfing is,u can airdrop into a barrel,get spat out after 5seconds which is next to impossible overhere because the waves aint that long,and whoever u were trying to impress wasn't even watching.

    words of wizdumb
    Give me some of that bud your smoking. The way you write the English language make me feel stoned. I agree with what your saying. If you don't know how to bottom turn, perform snaps, cutbacks, floaters then you should get off the shortboard. Groms get a pass because they are still learning but most people do just go down the line like you say and call themselves surfers. They can't even surf vertical, it's funny. As you said, it's all about using the waves energy and the critical part of the wave. People need to the critical part of the wave and pocket surf better. Otherwise, it's a one turn and done deal.