LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Assateague on Saturday?

Any one headed to Assateague Saturday that wouldn't mind showing a newbie how to get started? I.E.- where to go out, how not to piss people off, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

koki, would you like to handle this one....?

Assateague isn't breaking, to deep. Hit one of the surf beaches in OC.

Just go where you see other surfers, particularly longboarders. Don't worry about pissing anyone off; I don't imagine you would be dropping in on someone if you are new at it. Just try to stay out of the way of others riding or going for a wave. If you go into the federal part (where you pay unless you already have a card), there are two yellow flags. You can't surf between them; that area is for swimmers and beachgoers only. Assateague is a good place to learn; it has very soft breaks. A couple hours before, during, and after low tide is the best time to surf @Assateague. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    koki, would you like to handle this one....?
    I think you would make a great surf instructor Yankee. You could start a school, maybe for disadvantaged youth. buy a van. I hear E-250's are reliable, white's a good color.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I think you would make a great surf instructor Yankee. You could start a school, maybe for disadvantaged youth. buy a van. I hear E-250's are reliable, white's a good color.
    Gaff, Gaff, Gaff where would I be without your ever-present repartee & chop-busting wit...?

Quote Originally Posted by rickberman View Post
    Any one headed to Assateague Saturday that wouldn't mind showing a newbie how to get started? I.E.- where to go out, how not to piss people off, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you bringing your Wavejet?

28 mins

lol, no

Yankee's Surf School, our moto is get up ya pu$$y!