LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What would you do?

Your surfing with your buddy and the landlord shows up to take your friend's leg half way up his thigh. Clean off. Well, as clean off as a shark can take something. He was pulled under and actually drowned (Don't get into details about how and how long underwater, he just did) So he is not breathing. There is a major trauma center less than 10 mins away and an ambulance should take less than 10 mins to show up. Do you perform cpr?

really?lol.are u on drugs?if ur buddy got eaten I would call 911

Images
    i think you should take the leg over to the grilling out thread and see who has some tasty recipe ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    really?lol.are u on drugs?if ur buddy got eaten I would call 911

Sorry, thought this was a given.

Images
    first, you need to stop the bleeding because if you do cpr your just pumping blood out of the body. make a tourniquit out of his leash while someone is calling EMS and then begin CPR.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdperson View Post
    Your surfing with your buddy and the landlord shows up to take your friend's leg half way up his thigh. Clean off. Well, as clean off as a shark can take something. He was pulled under and actually drowned (Don't get into details about how and how long underwater, he just did) So he is not breathing. There is a major trauma center less than 10 mins away and an ambulance should take less than 10 mins to show up. Do you perform cpr?
    did this happen or are you just saying if you find yourself in this situation? I guess we would have heard about it being you are in NJ.

I guess after you finish crapping yourself, you and hopefully everyone else in the water rushes to his aid. you get him to shore, make the tourniquet best you can while someone is calling 911.

then call Robert Shaw.

... If you were aksed to give up your dreams for freedom?!

Buddy or not I would be there in a heart beat and let my adrenaline rush do the work. I would do anything for anyone if they need help. If I was wearing a Tshirt or wetsuit top I would take it off wrap it around his leg then use my leash as a tourniquet. CPR and keep calm. If a hospital was 10 mins away I would throw him in my car and call the hospital telling them I was coming in and that they better be ready when I get there. I'm taking zero 2 a hundo.

Images
    i mean you could drive him if he was somewhat stable but if he was critical you just gotta wait it out for ems. let the pros do their magic

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    first, you need to stop the bleeding because if you do cpr your just pumping blood out of the body. make a tourniquit out of his leash while someone is calling EMS and then begin CPR.
    yep......................

if you have 2 buddies and an suv, have him drive while you administer compressions