LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Patagonia green wetsuits

Maybe you guys already know about this. Great idea. Wish surfing was more green.

http://tinyurl.com/p5qhed6

+1. A great idea from a great company. Too bad more corps don't have Patagonia's company culture of responsibility & accountability (all the while creating superb products and earning profits: it can be done, Walmart & thousands of others!).

Checked the website: all sizes are listed as 'sold out.' Wonder if they're in production yet or are they really very popular already.

I think they are sold out of the old style suits and the new ones aren't out yet

The new ones are named Yulex & are sold out in every size. Perhaps not ready for prime time, as you mentioned.

Interesting. Has anyone used any (not the new one) Patagonia wetsuit? They are a bit $$$. The company does have a good reputation, but not inexpensive. Many of their suits are $500. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ibc View Post
    Interesting. Has anyone used any (not the new one) Patagonia wetsuit? They are a bit $$$. The company does have a good reputation, but not inexpensive. Many of their suits are $500. Thanks.
    I'd purchase Patagonia suits every time, but yeah, they're pricey. I have a spring suit by Patagonia: my favorite. Superb quality. Found it on sale.

Whereas my Excel Drylock suits (also pricey) are basically unraveling one thread at a time.

Patagonia makes quality stuff and they seem to be a solid company to support so I'll be getting one next go-round

I have heard that the proprietary type of rubber used for Patagonia suits tend to lose their flexibility quickly and deteriorate after only 2-3 seasons. True or not?

I had one a few years ago and didn't like it. Not nearly as flexible as others

seems like most surfers are relatively poor...they're gonna go for the cheaper rip curl or whatever, despite the environmental impact

I would buy a patagonia, if I had the money...which I currently don't