LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Bertha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    Yah Mon. Nuttin' but Positive Vibrations...that's how we roll in Chiba City.

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!
    Is Chiba City the same as Chucktown? I'm trying to brush up on my southern vernacular. I just figured out "BO" a couple months ago.

Scored Sunday through Tue on IOP. Sunday and Monday were great. T-storms both days kept the touristas off the Beach and kooks out of the water. That thinned the crowd and left plenty-o sweet rides for yours truly.

Had the longboard humming. Unfortunately, on what was the last ride of the day Mon. something major blew out in my left thigh. Barely made the pop up. The mind was telling me to bail, the rest of me said, Go for it...that leg will heal! I could barely walk back to the truck but I was still smiling.

Lots of ice and heat treatment and I was still a hurtin' pup on Tue. My wife was worried because it was her birthday and there were waves. Can the Old Man rally? BTW Happy B-day to you too Y.

Of course there was no way I was gonna let her down. We paddled out into some awesome Birthday waves for her. I mostly bided my time and picked off three freight trains. The leg was holding up but each pop up re-aggravated the injury. I was jealous of the healthy, but luckily had had my fill over the previous days.

It was really crowded and I felt increasingly in the way. I got out and watched from the safety of the beach as the tribe went off. It was fun watching from the shore as my wife, my bud's, and even "that guy" score ride after ride!

It is great to see that Bertha delivered some goodies to all us kiddies. Still limping from that Lady, but as I read your stories and reflect on my own sessions, all I can say is...

Slide on.
    Sorry to hear that, buddy. Hope it heals fast. You won't be missing much this weekend, just some logging days.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Is Chiba City the same as Chucktown? I'm trying to brush up on my southern vernacular. I just figured out "BO" a couple months ago.
    World B is a Mt. P'er like me, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    No. Sorry to disappoint, but Chiba City is a free enclave located within the confines of the Town if Mt Pleasant.

In no way should you confuse uptight Charleston with laid back Chiba City. Only a harbor separates us but a lifestyle keeps us apart. Haha.

Images
    No. Sorry to disappoint, but Chiba City is a free enclave located within the confines of the Town if Mt Pleasant.

In no way should you confuse uptight Charleston with laid back Chiba City. Only a harbor separates us but a lifestyle keeps us apart. Haha.
    Haha. I get it now.

Yah Mon. Nuttin' but Positive Vibrations...that's how we roll in Chiba City.

You the World, Free, gracias & get better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    BTW, KB did you see that kid on the yellow SUP...? Maybe 150 lbs on a 7'8" SUP & ripping it like a surfboard. None of that 12' SUP cruising down the line....that kid tore it up.

Which, actually, was not positive. Because he was pretty much a diiick regarding set waves. He'd catch a set wave from way out back, finish his ride & oar back out, past even the longboard guys. Then he'd jump on the next set wave. Repeat, ad nauseum. With 3.5 @ 13 secs, he could, and did, make that wave-catching frequency happen. No one else had a shot.

Coupla dudes started making noises, grumbling, but the kid moved down the line a bit so nothing happened.

If this is the future, and I suppose it is, there will be blood.
    If it's the kid I'm thinking of, I saw one guy almost get bludgeoned by that SUP...recall seeing a guy fall off a yellow SUP and watching the thing come literally within inches of a guy's head...

There are some decent SUP'er's and that's all well and good, but when your snaking every wave from people, it's total BS...

I was really wishing I had have brought my longer board, an old 8' Funshape...I think I would have had a lot more fun....not that I didn't catch some great waves...but it seemed like those beautiful waves were a lot kinder to people with longer crafts.

Heading down early maņana....dusting off that old Funshape ...I figure wth...

This shoulder injury f'd me up over this past winter and turned me into a fat a$$, my pop-up timing is really off compared to pre-injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    If it's the kid I'm thinking of, I saw one guy almost get bludgeoned by that SUP...recall seeing a guy fall off a yellow SUP and watching the thing come literally within inches of a guy's head...

There are some decent SUP'er's and that's all well and good, but when your snaking every wave from people, it's total BS...

I was really wishing I had have brought my longer board, an old 8' Funshape...I think I would have had a lot more fun....not that I didn't catch some great waves...but it seemed like those beautiful waves were a lot kinder to people with longer crafts.

Heading down early maņana....dusting off that old Funshape ...I figure wth...

This shoulder injury f'd me up over this past winter and turned me into a fat a$$, my pop-up timing is really off compared to pre-injury.
    You're absolutely right, call em out when they do that crap, same goes for everybody else. Sorry to hear bout your shoulder, I've had shoulder issues most of my life, just take it slow and let the body heal and get stronger, surfing made mine better over time, but had to control my paddling speed and pay close attention to proper technique. Haven't had an issue in about 3 years, where it use to just pop out the joint on the reg.

when we're through w/that lets do the 'safety dance.'

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You're absolutely right, call em out when they do that crap, same goes for everybody else. Sorry to hear bout your shoulder, I've had shoulder issues most of my life, just take it slow and let the body heal and get stronger, surfing made mine better over time, but had to control my paddling speed and pay close attention to proper technique. Haven't had an issue in about 3 years, where it use to just pop out the joint on the reg.
    Thanks, DP....ever since I got a cortisone shot, my shoulder feels great.

Now it's not the shoulder handicapping me, it's my gut...lol

Too many DogFishHead's