LOGIN | REGISTER

feeler: bark/surftech 14' prone paddleboard *in NJ*

just trying to gauge interest...looking to sell my 2 year old 14 footer due to unexpected space constraints & fund a new 12'.
    the board is in excellent condition...a few scrapes on the bottom of the hull & a small chip in the paint on the tail, but otherwise clean. included in the deal is my home-made water bottle cage.
    looking to get $850-$900 for it.

not the actual board, but this is what it looks like:

will gladly shoot pics of my board for anyone interested.

i don't post much around here anymore, so if you've got any questions or are interested in checking out the board, PM is the best bet.

Images
    If I had money to burn I'd buy that in a second.

I really want a 14' Surftech Bark, but the logistics. That's pretty cheap for one of those out here. Don't do it, you'll miss it. Just hang it from the ceiling, wrap some Christmas lights around it, call it a chandelier and tell people to not bump their heads on your art.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    That's pretty cheap for one of those out here. Don't do it, you'll miss it.
    what are used boards going for out west?

i'm not giving up paddling, just looking to get on a stock class board...bigger challenge, more competitive field in races. the 14' prone class around here is fairly non-existent.

edit: i'm sure we could work something out for you, z

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    what are used boards going for out west?

i'm not giving up paddling, just looking to get on a stock class board...bigger challenge, more competitive field in races. the 14' prone class around here is fairly non-existent.

edit: i'm sure we could work something out for you, z
    "what are used boards going for out west?"

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/searc...=&srchType=T&=

I dunno really, but the absolute cheapest Bark Surftechs seem to be around 600-700$ for a 12' or 14' and they disappear off Craigslist in hours, which tells me that's too low. Typically I expect to see them priced between $800-$1250 and up. I think you're in the ballpark, just a little on the low end. Out here the 18' Unlimited class prone paddleboards seem to be more common and Velzy's seem to be a little pricier than Barks. My boss keeps trying to sell me one of his. He does the Catalina every year and has done the Oahu-Molokai once (says that you can't train for that in SoCal and he'll never do it again).

"edit: i'm sure we could work something out for you, z "

Oh no, I'm out of the market, I got too many boards and shipping that beast would be a nightmare. Mrs.Gaffer got fired again yesterday so I'm back on a budget, any new boards means I have to flip old boards or go to FIL and see if he feels like shaping his good-for-nothing Son In Law a new ride at cost.

At least she didn't throw a brick at anybody's head this time.

If I ever buy a truck again and the pinched nerve in my back gets better, I might get into paddle boarding. There's something about putting a 14' board on top of my little car that makes me nervous though.

Images
    If it was in my price range (less then 400) I would...i was actually looking for one

There was one listed in south jersey or jersey shore craigslist a while ago- seemed like it was posted for a while- don't know if it sold or not.

Hey, what does "unexpected space constraints" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    If it was in my price range (less then 400) I would...i was actually looking for one
    the thing would have to be beat to **** & essentially not worth selling to list it at that price...i'd rather wrap it in a tarp & stash it under someone's porch than sell it for less than $800

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Hey, what does "unexpected space constraints" mean?
    finally got the sandy relief grant approval to repair my garage. genius that i am, i had the new concrete floor poured directly over the existing one. garage measured 14'2" from floor to the peak of the roof. it now measures 13'6". d'oh!