LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: All Good

All Good

Instead of catching the swell this past weekend me and my girl went out to the All Good festival. Just wondering if anyone else did and what you thought of it...

Images
    never heard of it - fill us in?

Talking

I was there too man! Sucks I got tons of voicemails from my buds saying im missing the swell. I expected the festival to be insane, and it was so much crazier than I anticipated. Pgroove was soo on point w/ their new keyboardist. Tea Leaf was stellar, Widespread melted my face off! There were so many great shows! So as bummed as i was, that i didn't catch the weekend swell, I drove through the night on Sunday to get back for some mon morn swell. The festival was epic and I have no regrets about ditching out on the Bertha swell for some good ol' hippy camping, with tons of mind expanding adventures.

3 night of camping, 4 days of Music. Marvin's Mountaintop, WV Included:

Phil Lesh & Friends Widespread Panic
    Gov't Mule
    Michael Franti & Spearhead
    Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood
    Keller Williams w. Moseley, Droll & Sipe
    Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Soul Stew Revival
    Mike Gordon
    Dark Star Orchestra
    Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
    The Avett Brothers
    Railroad Earth
    Tea Leaf Green
    The Bridge
    SOJA
    The Join (Shields & Shearer w. Benevento & Russo)
    JJ Grey & MOFRO
    Brazilian Girls
    Perpetual Groove
    Lettuce
    Hot Buttered Rum
    Bassnectar
    Eric Lindell
    RAQ
    Bonerama
    The Wood Brothers
    Pnuma Trio
    Outformation
    Danielia Cotton
    All Mighty Senators
    Telepath
    deSol
    Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band
    Scrapomatic
    Basshound
    Jazzam
    MJ Project

Yeah, it was a blast! Rev Peyton's Big Damn Band, BassNector, and Lettuce suprised the **** out of me. SOJA sucked more then normal and Widespread followed by DarkStar late night was the most insane 6 hrs I have had in years. Definitely a whole other word up there. Got plenty of waves monday and tues to make up for it. Also heard it wasn't that good, that big, or that organized. Anyone get picked off by the cops/narcs on I-68? My buddy and I did..... had the drug dog sniff around the car twice. Scared the piss out of me. My heart was literally in my throat. Luckily, we got away and made it there safe.

On the way there we saw a bunch of people (prob about 7 cars) all sitting with about 5 cop cars, just after getting into WV. They looked miserable for good reason.

We had a great time, Phil & Friends played a great set as usual, heard Bassnector, some Hot Buttered Rum, and had very strange good times wandering around with all the heads... saw amazing artwork and glasswork. I usually have prints of my stuff to trade, but passed on it this time. I wanted to see pgroove sooo bad but we couldn't make it in time. I did have horrible drunken neighbors tho... not chill people at all, stole my keys I think, but luckily my girl had her set. Overall a good time, and we snuck out a little early and I got some of sundays waves.

Glad to hear some other people got out there, if anyone is heading to shows or whatever in the future, drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by steelwave42 View Post
    Glad to hear some other people got out there, if anyone is heading to shows or whatever in the future, drop me a pm.
    Def... hadn't been to a festival in years. Need to hit more up. Have been trying to hit up All Good for years but it was just to far when I was living in Charleston (Folly Beach) SC.

>>>

ah man, I would have gone, but I'm still paying for my last festival, which ended in a fat lawyer bill and scares of incarceration.(speaking of cops)
    But I'm noticing nobody mentioned the pnuma trio set. If you guys havn't heard of them, I'd highly suggest checking them out. they just realeased a new cd, you can get it here... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UWUOXTDY probably for the younger crowd, but these jams are pretty cool.