LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    get out there and surf darnit!!!! Im at work.... shake your shivers and get wet!

Quote Originally Posted by GODSxMOONBEAN View Post
    Thanks man. I got the brother to come down and he's really good at pushing me past my comfort zone.

Just about to go in and the winds turn onshore. F*ckin sh*t never listen to your shivers.

Images
    40 minute Abbey talk
    On democracy, power, environment, economy....

1985, Telluride Ideas Festival

https://soundcloud.com/#abbeyphile/p...ey-speech-1985

Hayduke is coming.jpg
    Last edited by seldom seen; Aug 27, 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    40 minute Abbey talk
    On democracy, power, environment, economy....

1985, Telluride Ideas Festival

https://soundcloud.com/#abbeyphile/p...ey-speech-1985

Hayduke is coming.jpg
    reconsidering my account here based on his thoughts about a life in front of a keyboard.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McCall View Post
    reconsidering my account here based on his thoughts about a life in front of a keyboard.
    Nah man...think of it this way, although it may be frivolous, there are good things that can come from the intrawebs...but it makes me reconsider my current job, and the freedom I once had working outside everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nah man...think of it this way, although it may be frivolous, there are good things that can come from the intrawebs...but it makes me reconsider my current job, and the freedom I once had working outside everyday...
    An argument could be made about any of the technological advances in society being detrimental to true simplicity.

Survival is based on being ahead of and prepared for everything, and I fear what will happen to society when they the internet ceases to provide the information for survival.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McCall View Post
    An argument could be made about any of the technological advances in society being detrimental to true simplicity.

Survival is based on being ahead of and prepared for everything, and I fear what will happen to society when they the internet ceases to provide the information for survival.
    Yessir...or when misinformation is intentionally provided...I also hate the idea of all books going digital...how do we know the content hasn't been changed and will they eventually disappear books they don't want you reading?

Images
    Skip to 29:00 min mark for a reading of Down There in the Rocks, fantastic essay.