LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    High five!

Honestly, I thought it was damn decent here this week. Unless tha Jerz was consistent OH barrels for 2 days, I am doubting it was that much better than what we got. I love surfing here. Yeah, our area isn't consistent, but when it is good there are plenty of empty peaks to be found. By the way, the Washout isn't the place to go if you want to avoid crowds here. The good thing is that there are other similar breaks around the area.
    On moving.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    so, I'm guessing the op doesn't surf(?). There's no way I'd be able to keep myself out of the water on one of the best days of the year...and I lived in charleston for 2 years, so I know days like that are few
    Yes it was tough- but I got out there- before and after the video. All shots from 9:30 - 11:30am Tuesday.

Camera is Nikon D600 with a Sigma 70-300. I appreciate all the positive feedback. I really enjoy making videos. 4K Camera on the way next week, so stay tuned for more if we are graced with another swell. Cheers.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andylassiter View Post
    Yes it was tough- but I got out there- before and after the video. All shots from 9:30 - 11:30am Tuesday.

Camera is Nikon D600 with a Sigma 70-300. I appreciate all the positive feedback. I really enjoy making videos. 4K Camera on the way next week, so stay tuned for more if we are graced with another swell. Cheers.
    Wow, that was at low tide? I bet it got substantially bigger as the tide came up. Did you get anything later in the day?

Nope. There was a lot of water on the beach all morning. 10-12am was definitely the largest point of the day. I think the posted high tide was around 1:30. By mid afternoon the swell was half size, and by evening just about gone!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andylassiter View Post
    Nope. There was a lot of water on the beach all morning. 10-12am was definitely the largest point of the day. I think the posted high tide was around 1:30. By mid afternoon the swell was half size, and by evening just about gone!
    interesting. We had low tide an hour south of you right around 8:30am if I remember correctly. From 9-11:30ish the tide was way out down here. Folly isnt as tide dependent as we are. And it doesn't look like low tide in the video. Weird. I thought your tides were only like 17 minutes ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ glide View Post
    Although I agree with many things you say cep, I do not agree on this. I have surfed the washout and that looked like the videography made it look better than it was. Im not commenting on the vid just the content. Where did you surf yesterday that it didnt look better than that?
    I thought that video, while shot very well, didn't capture the best we had out of the two days of fun.