LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How did the video blow up 4 spots by showing a flat ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post
    If you're talkin about ganny, then ya, I know what you're talking about. I saw that drone at the Arthur swell.

Completely just blew up like, 4 spots in this vid but whatever.

I think the video had nothing to do with surfing

congrats to all the dbags that can afford a 3K drone. Save the home drone video to yourselves jerkoffs. We need less drones, wavejets, Crossbo, jetskis, SUPers, and kooks who create and encourage such contraptions.

Im going to purchase an anti-drone drone. I think a paintball gun could ground one, they look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ glide View Post
    Im going to purchase an anti-drone drone. I think a paintball gun could ground one, they look weak.
    Haha the Patriot middle for drone interception.

Weak like the Ukraine??

Images
    turn on your gopro WIFI! I know it interferes with their singles!!!!*************

causes them to crash

Product: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Cameras (like the GoProŽ HERO3) with the BladeŽ 350 QX
    Issue: Cameras that transmit live streaming video over 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (like the GoPro HERO3)
    operate on the same frequencies as most 2.4GHz RC systems, thus saturating the usable
    frequency band. This can result in severe interference with transmitter RF signals, the GPS
    system and the onboard compass, which could result in loss of control, property damage
    and/or personal injury.
    What To Do: Do not fl y the Blade 350 QX quadcopter with an onboard camera while using Wi-Fi
    streaming live video. Recording video with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal turned off or using the
    supplied remote to control the camera is recommended.
    Last edited by Franyfingers; Aug 8, 2014 at 03:37 AM.

Have seen a UAV helo similar to the one on this vid running operational tests near my break.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXe-bwrUbA

Quote Originally Posted by NJ glide View Post
    if that doesn't do it a 12 gauge shotgun should.
    for drones i recommend BB shot size, a longer barrel and removing the plug.

I like the discussion here and find some of the responses/videos hilarious. I think there is an issue of etiquette here. If you're going to video your friends, I can understand the appeal; however, I think it sucks if people are buzzing surfers they don't know while they are enjoying a long morning slide. Give people the peace they deserve when they are on the water.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Dude I don't know about these drone things.... At my local break , Belmar nj, all we ever fly are banners...
    ^^^^Just Awesome-ness right here.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    congrats to all the dbags that can afford a 3K drone. Save the home drone video to yourselves jerkoffs. We need less drones, wavejets, Crossbo, jetskis, SUPers, and kooks who create and encourage such contraptions.
    I'm more inclined to think like this^^^^^

All things considered:

1. I understand the can't expect privacy in public thing.

2. RhodyPedro is spot on about etiquette. They should give us space or expect resistance. Don't buzz near my head. They should not disclose exact locations.

3. The pragmatic side of me sees opportunity to shoot them down and re-sell the parts.

*I like that Gopro wifi fact.

Kauai.jpg
    Last edited by seldom seen; Aug 8, 2014 at 04:02 PM.