Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurfer View Post
    I'll bring the peyote.
    Yes!

Images

Hey Fitz, peep this...

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Yes!
    Lophophora williamsii is actually critically endangered in the wild due to poachers, unethical harvesting practices and its extremely slow rate of growth. It's kind of like eating a bald eagle egg omelets or wearing a leopard skin speedo. Much more easily obtained is the common garden ornamental trichocereus pachanoi. Grows everywhere in Southern California, they even have some beautiful 10-15' specimens in Balboa Park.

Seldom, you ever hear of Dr.Richard Schultes? If not, you should totally read Wade Davis's book One River

lol, Im gonna be playing this one repeat!!! so freaky.... good.

When I get lonely in the lineup I talk to dolphins. Stay away from porpoises though, they tend to be overly sarcastic.

That's awesome! Greens Keeper is the band?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Lophophora williamsii is actually critically endangered in the wild due to poachers, unethical harvesting practices and its extremely slow rate of growth. It's kind of like eating a bald eagle egg omelets or wearing a leopard skin speedo. Much more easily obtained is the common garden ornamental trichocereus pachanoi. Grows everywhere in Southern California, they even have some beautiful 10-15' specimens in Balboa Park.

Seldom, you ever hear of Dr.Richard Schultes? If not, you should totally read Wade Davis's book One River
    Gaff! Man we're gonna have some good discussions if I get out there this winter. Love Schultes, truly legendary imo. Really impressed with how much respect he had for the plants he studied, and the place they held in the worldview of their respective cultures. He is also responsible for putting Wasson on to Psilocybe species in Mexico, which lead to his article in Time, and the rest is history. My master's thesis was actually gonna involve him quite a bit, but then I bailed(for the record my proposal was approved)...

Is T pachanoi one of the San Pedro species?

I was reading something about how Peyote was becoming endangered. It's a damn shame b/c about 10 years ago, when I first really got interested in studying this stuff, seeds were available for purchase, and they no longer are unfortunately.

So in light of that, leave the Peyote intact Mr. Zombie and i will bring something a little more sustainable

Gaff, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Terence Mckenna...not necessarily his timewave stuff but his general theories on evolution/human culture/etc.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    lol, Im gonna be playing this one repeat!!! so freaky.... good.
    Enjoy amigo, listened to it a few times myself

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    That's awesome! Greens Keeper is the band?
    Yessir, haven't checked out their other stuff but love this.

Is T pachanoi one of the San Pedro species?
    Yes indeedidly. Grows really well as a house plant if it gets enough sun light. Since it grows in the Andes Mtns. it's very cold resistant too. I bet you could grow one if you brought it indoors once you started getting hard freezes. They flower annually with some of the most fragrant and beautiful cactus flowers. Watch out for your dog around them though. My roommate one time had this blue nose pit Noggins. We were growing a couple of hundred each of t.pachanoi and t.peruvianus at that place and the dumb dog would eat them. She wouldn't touch the pachanoi, which only have spines in clusters that are about a cm or so long, but she would eat ENTIRE stalks of the peruvianus, which have 4" long needles that grow in clusters. The needles are so strong that the Peruvians use them to sew leather. Dog would chew on those things like candy, the needles never seemed to bother her. Finally to keep her away from my plants, I'd just throw her a stalk or two.

Gaff, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Terence Mckenna...not necessarily his timewave stuff but his general theories on evolution/human culture/etc.
    Never read any of his stuff to be honest. Everyone keeps telling me to though. One of these days.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Aug 8, 2014 at 07:19 PM.

You would think the baja desert would have that stuff growing all over the place!?!? ^