LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    he better not charge for it, the ungrateful bastid.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorps View Post
    I second that brother! PTSD is not a disorder, its just a natural reaction of the brain to try and deal with surreal experiences. And yes, surfing does help! I surfed for many years before and while I was on active duty, stopped for a couple of years after I returned home. Only after I returned to the water did I start to really feel like I used to.
    Err Devil. I think if you suppress that stuff, and dont admit to yourself that you are battling...its a disorder. Once I started to at least acknowledge the fact that I was twisted up, it started to get a little less daunting. Thanks to you and your breed of leathernecks, teaching my generation the way.

MattyB, I picked up your book a couple months ago, just reading it now and enjoying it. Thanks for your service man.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I have NSTD. No Surf Traumatic Disorder.

I'll tell the biggest rush I've had was on a flight back from CR. We hit a hole in the sky and we dropped for what seemed an hour. It was better and longer than any wave. It was long enough for me to see people around me crying and praying. I was floating above my seat, held in by my belt. I was hooting and laughing like a mad man. When it was over, and I was able to contain myself, I looked around again. everyone was giving me stink eye. I said, "Hey, It's the last thrill we'd get, might as well enjoy it."
    Lemmy would be proud Chich...

Glen Douchezig told a story of Danzig and Motorhead flying into Mexico. Right before they land the plane goes perpendicular to the deck. Everyone is screaming and losing it and he noticed Lemmy just sitting there calm as day holding his beer sideways so it won't spill. Lemmy was getting interviewed by Jason Ellis and Ellis asked him about it and why he wasn't freaking out. His response:

"Its not like screaming is going to make the plane crash any less".

Classic Lemmy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    MattyB, I picked up your book a couple months ago, just reading it now and enjoying it. Thanks for your service man.
    Thanks that's great. The beginning just sets the stage, middle and end picks up, intensity wise. I hope you dig the book in its entirety. Thanks man, need all the help I can get.

Maybe a little off topic (although it relates to the healing value surfing can have), but a surfing event for special needs kids was held yesterday and today at the VB Oceanfront. Hope they were able to get some rides. Been mostly slim pickin's around here here.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2014/08/phot...1607781000.jpg
    Last edited by DosXX; Aug 17, 2014 at 01:02 AM.