Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    the board was pretty ravaged it wasn't a small ding,a cinderblock fell on it.it was probably like an 8inch gash that went a quarter inch deep.i was hoping to save it but couldn't figure the shyt out.never thought something so simple would be complicated.oh yea and I noticed my left fin was gone too and my leash.i don't get it,nobody surfs in my house but me where the fuk did my leash and fin go.i bet its buried under a bunch of crap in the yard
    Dude... you're a mess, let's face it lmao!

Is it better to ride a GSI than not ride at all? I think so. I have a 20 yr old Harbor longboard, and a new GSI SUP. I like them both. Ride what you enjoy and can afford.

Resurrecting this tread because I ordered a 7' Modern Blackfish to add to my quiver. $425 to my door in under a week. I know it's a pop out but looks fun as ish. I'm psyched! surf on or flame on; it's a free world...

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    GSI, surfboards made over seas by people who have never ridden a wave and that enrich the same people that created professional surfing, while undermining the profits of traditional craftsman and the domestic surfboard industries, which created the boards that allowed those same MF'ers to exploit the very thing they said they loved most. Sorry, I think pro surfing is not really a good thing for surfers in general. I think it's very ironic how many former pro surfers have gotten rich mass producing crap all the while lamenting how "surfing's not what it used to be." Ian Cairns is a big muckamuck at GSI, also a sweeper these days.

They have some good shapes, Walden's are great noseriders and I've heard that the GSI Hayden's ride just as well as the PureGlass ones. I can get a quality made local board for WAY cheaper than I can get a GSI; but I don't live in Mobile, AL or Juneau, AK (what happened to that guy who used to post here from Alaska, his name will come to me in a minute?). To it's there own. I'd rather give my money to somebody else. Just like I'd rather ride a board shaped by Daniel Thomson instead of one "designed" by him.

Actually, I'd rather ride a mandala.
    I'm not big on GSI boards either. It's crazy that Von Sol also sold their soul like Hayden to GSI. Better to get it directly from Sean Mattison or Hayden but it's still crappy they sell their name to be used by GSI.

Whoa... I was like this is a good threade topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    Whoa... I was like this is a good threade topic.
    Glad you were on when I posted!

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Glad you were on when I posted!
    haha, yessir. Enjoy the new ride. $425 total including shipping? I just ordered a custom but may check these out...

I have three GSI's in my quiver. All bought used - so really inexpensively - all in great shape (and they have been ridden for years now!), and all a lot of fun to ride. They include a Walden 9'0" M3, a Walden Magic Model 10'0" and an Anacapa Glider (same as CI Flyer, but a lot less expensive) that is 6'6". I also own boards shaped by local shapers. To me, it's not one or the other. Buy what you want to ride and can afford (something really important to me). Enjoy life and catch some waves!

I agree psych surfer

but I think the price point is the same for local cottage guys and the mass produced junk, just cottage guys have a longer weight. and you can prob pay cash to local guys and avoid taxes

I try and go cottage every time, but I have had 2 mass produced boards, both logs that I let friends and family borrow.

I would always go cottage/local shapre for my shartborts

I almost bought a 7S, they looked good in the shop. I changed my mind when I figured that it's a GSI company.