LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    who f@cking cares? seriously, get a grip you pop culture morons, he was a rich dude who CHOSE not to seek help. so many more real stories out there of real suffering, not a rich hollywood tool who couldnt handle the good life.
    actually, your characterization of him is completely inaccurate.
    Depression is an effed up thing. It doesn't matter if you're rich and famous. You can be rich and really suffer. Was not a fan of his, but it's sad that someone can seem to have everything and still not be happy.
    it is indeed a f*cked up thing. i have people close to me who suffer from depression and it is a real physical painful thing. serious depression is not just a bad mood - the people who suffer from it are truly hurting.

i met Robin Williams once (a meaningless encounter in a grocery store in San Francisco) and his death makes me sad....he was a very talented guy who made some terrific movies (Club Paradise is one of my favorites). the world is just a little bit darker without him.

Let's face it being rich and famous doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.You also don't know whats going in someones life who appear have it all.Its ashame when anyone takes their life thou.Life is a blessing.Rip Robin,you were funny dude.
    Last edited by GoodVibes; Aug 13, 2014 at 10:16 PM.

popeye

garp

good will hunting

rip good man,

your work is appreciated

understood yank, bummer he died, but the amount of press you are all giving a man you never met (or maybe saw in public once) is kinda hollow and saccharine, go live an original life instead of watching people on tv, not just you yank, but all of us

hanna, he couldnt 'handle' the difficulties of living an easy life, he offed himself, weak.
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    understood yank, bummer he died, but the amount of press you are all giving a man you never met (or maybe saw in public once) is kinda hollow and saccharine, go live an original life instead of watching people on tv, not just you yank, but all of us

hanna, he couldnt 'handle' the difficulties of living an easy life, he offed himself, weak.
    Eh, well, I did see him do his shtick live at Smith Center. Funny as anything, whoa, improv genius. Comics have been around since ancient times, entertainment is as human as human gets, and Williams was incredible at that. I'm not pushing press on the dude, I'm not bawling in my cups; his demons were his own & not part of my commentary.

He was a rare talent, he was legit & it sucks that he's no longer around.
    Felt the same way about Andy Irons. And Belushi. And Chris Farley.

I've known family & friends with depression & it's brutally real.

Not trying to change your mind; merely my opinion.

btw, I haven't owned a tv for years (seriously)
    who needs tv when there's this place

WAAAAAAAAAH! Poor poor rich guy. How fuggin selfish. I guess he didn't think about the innocent schlubb that found his swaying carcass.

I feel sorrier for the family of the poor black boy the pigs shot in the face for standing in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAH! Poor poor rich guy. How fuggin selfish. I guess he didn't think about the innocent schlubb that found his swaying carcass.

I feel sorrier for the family of the poor black boy the pigs shot in the face for standing in the street.
    Wasn't it his wife who found him?

Innocent Schubbette, then. She was probably half his age, and 100 times better looking than what he'd get if he were us.

Terrible image in her head that she'll probably never forget. Sh*tty thing to do to someone, very selfish of him... I was sad to hear he's gone though, great talent, and from what I hear a good dude too. But I don't follow Hollywood so I may be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    this is what my main point was, people are wronged by authority on the reg, and people are slurping up celeb deaths.

we. are. f@cked.