LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Why do we need a bunch of Brazzos all puffed up beating their chests all over the world. We already have all us Floridians. We know this is the cultural dead end of the universe, and the dumping ground of society, with gun toting seniors running amok in Depends, in a state that gets zero to crap surf on the regs, so excuse me if I don't want to hear a bunch of Portuguese speaking douche canoes talking shi$ when its up to us Florida surfers to hold the standard on shi$ talking, yea we got Kelly and CJ and Damien and Cory and Peter Media and Geiselman bros and Cocoa Pier and Wayne the Insane so I don't wanna hear no crap aboot how the Brazilian national psyce needs this guy to bring home OUR world title.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    koa rothman would like to have a word with you

u people do know laird Hamilton towed him into that bomb,right?local knowledge bradda

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Why do we need a bunch of Brazzos all puffed up beating their chests all over the world. We already have all us Floridians. We know this is the cultural dead end of the universe, and the dumping ground of society, with gun toting seniors running amok in Depends, in a state that gets zero to crap surf on the regs, so excuse me if I don't want to hear a bunch of Portuguese speaking douche canoes talking shi$ ...
    Epic all-time confessional of the Floridian psyche. You got me crackin' up Surfdog.

OH MY GOD. kelly just posted the most candid incredible real and honest thing in regards to mendina i've ever seen a super star athlete post on his IG. someone screen shot and post plz.

Images
    si-insta.jpg

There ya go. He shouted out JJF anf OW in a few previous tweets, thanking them for having balls and taking changes and pushing the rest of them..... Then about 1,000,000 people roasted him asking why he was hating on Medina.... Then he posted that....

He even posted something in between to the effect of, if you would all hurry up and stop slamming me for five seconds, I will do my "Medina Post"

Images
    Sorry for the tiny screen shot, its huge before I upload it. Ohh well, you get the gist. He said the kid is an all around stud in the water and he steps up to the plate in conditions he isn't even comfortable in and dominates. Not bad from the King. But he does warn him about the crazy Brazilians.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Sorry for the tiny screen shot, its huge before I upload it. Ohh well, you get the gist. He said the kid is an all around stud in the water and he steps up to the plate in conditions he isn't even comfortable in and dominates. Not bad from the King. But he does warn him about the crazy Brazilians.
    thanks for uploading that. i was floored by it. dude has so much class its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Wow! If Tiger Woods said that aboot Rory McIlroy, passing the torch so to speak, the entire golfing world would be a twitter. But Kelly has more class in his little finger than Tiger has in his entire peni$. Kelly is just getting fired up again, but I have never heard him speak so highly of a competitor, not even his arch rival AI. See, that is a perfect example of how much class and sportsmanship we have here in the dirty souff! Don't be a hater, be a congratulator! (I still hate Medina).
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Aug 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM. Reason: trying to slide it by the censors

Here's an easier to read text version from Kelly's Facebook page:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Slater
    On stage at the awards ceremony...Congrats are in order for Gabriel Medina and his performance this week. There are more conversations happening about this guy than anyone and for good reason. He's the most dangerous guy in the world of surfing. Why?
    Just this year he won at Snapper, a wave dominated by regular footers for over 10 years. He won in Fiji, one of the classic waves on tour. And now he wins the ‪#‎BillabongProTahiti‬ in giant surf, an event that he wasn't conside...red to be a main threat by many people. That's exactly why Medina has become so dangerous...he can and does win in waves/conditions where he doesn't even have a lot of experience at yet and people don't know what to expect.
    He's more determined and hungry for the win than any other surfer. He's complete, combining airs, barrel riding, and carving. He can shoot whole video parts in single sessions. He has passed every test thrown his way. Even though I'm gonna do everything in my power to stop this guy this year, I'm a big fan of his surfing and he's a really good guy.
    The biggest obstacles he will face in his career will be staying motivated long-term and dealing with a fanatical, Brasilian fan base (‪#‎BrasilianSwarm‬?) that is resting the hopes of a country on his shoulders. I'm sure he'll accept and handle that challenge like every other one thrown his way so far. Congratulations for your ‪#‎Teahupoo‬ win and hold on for a huge career ahead.
    ‪#‎ThisGuyShreds‬
    ‪#‎HisFansWannaKillMe‬
    ‪#‎TeahupooDiary2014‬
    GoPro
    ASP World Tour Surfing
    https://www.facebook.com/KellySlater?fref=nf

Total class...