LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
    Medina won the contest, fair and square. (Dunno about all this conspiracy stuff, wouldn't surprise me if it were true, wouldn't surprise me if it was BS). In the absence of proof I feel he won the contest fairly. Do I think the contest showed who the best surfer was out there? No sir, I do not.

In my completely subjective and impractical fantasy world I would have had JJF, OW, and AS all out there at once for the final in a winner take all free-for-all. That would have been something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    Kelly slater.that is all

remember what I said gabs vs slater 4 da final.either way Kelly or john john is winning

yea this is my quote from yesterday,wtf did I say.boy I am mad that slater won,but gabs was the only one who could beat him.so I guess u can say gabs is better than jjf and slater put together,yea right lol.

if u noticed what he was doing,and how he won,like I said on here many times...priority control....

medina kept getting priority and making sure slater didn't get the good waves.hed sell jimmy slade on a shytty one,Kelly lost priority and it kept going.best contest,best semi I ever saw.the final ahhh boooo

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    remember the 2000 Laird "OH MY GOD" wave? they were paddling into bigger sets than that yesterday. surfing is about progression.
    Granted Chopes has no back to its wave so the "wave height" is up for constant argument, but how big do you think the biggest faces paddled into were yesterday and how big was the Laird wave? 14 years is a long time for progression even if that was a tow-in.

Best show in a while. Too bad they all can't be as good as this one was!

Watch Lairds wave and watch replay of yesterday... Laird's was WAY heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Granted Chopes has no back to its wave so the "wave height" is up for constant argument, but how big do you think the biggest faces paddled into were yesterday and how big was the Laird wave? 14 years is a long time for progression even if that was a tow-in.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Watch Lairds wave and watch replay of yesterday... Laird's was WAY heavier.
    Yeah I mean that wave was unreal, how could it be outdated?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Yeah I mean that wave was unreal, how could it be outdated?
    koa rothman would like to have a word with you

So would Nathan Fletcher and Bruce Irons. Guys are towing in to much bigger waves than Laird's, but not paddling.

Thanks for giving me nightmares for weeks

Surfer has a good interview with Medina that just went up.

an interesting quote:

After you won those World Tour events, many put their money on you to be the first to bring the world title to Brazil. How did you deal with that?

Brazil is very “needy” of champions. It’s even more so with surfing, because we’ve never won the title. I mean, to have people believe you can be a world champion is awesome....

http://www.surfermag.com/features/ga...ina-interview/