LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    So the moral of this discussion is that people of other cultures eat things americans dont. We get pissed because people are different than us, talk about it on the internet, argue, wish death on the culprits and then take a minute to educate ourselves.

If only we could take a minute to educate ourselves before reacting, the world could be a much nicer place.

Seldom this is not directed at you personally, just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunjer View Post
    gaff, here's a cliff note of what i posted earlier:
    blah, blah, interesting hawaiian history tidbit, blah, blah.
    no need da rothmans and alexanders to hunt these micronesians, coz braddahs dat are heavy into the aumakuas and stuff, esp. if their ohana aumakua is a honu, they will take care of them.

there. no mumbo jumbo, no ungga bungga...
    This will never happen. Now if it was some haole dat get em it be one different story brah. Or if they were surrounded by a ring of dead turtles without providing some for the neighborhood. If its a kill to eat, and you're local (like hawaiian, not just born here theres a difference), nobodies gonna say much. Especially if you share.

What you dont realize is the aumakua is A deceased family member's spirit that has taken the form of one specific animal. It has gotten generalized throughout the years to be very broad and vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McCall View Post
    So the moral of this discussion is that people of other cultures eat things americans dont. We get pissed because people are different than us, talk about it on the internet, argue, wish death on the culprits and then take a minute to educate ourselves.

If only we could take a minute to educate ourselves before reacting, the world could be a much nicer place.

Seldom this is not directed at you personally, just in general.
    Well my education tells me that the Chinese believe that tiger ***** will cure impotence and that ivory is a sign of riches. The Chinese markets are driving many animals to extinction for nothing. They are a different culture than me but I refuse to have understanding of a culture that is as technologically advanced as our culture and is willfully destroying the Earth.