LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    ...but it's possible the box was routed too deep
    I think this is spot on. Get a good ruler and stick it in both side boxes, one's deeper than the other. Maybe take pics of the measurements on each box and email those and the damage to your fins to the manufacturer. You probably paid with your credit card, right? If the board manufacturer won't do right by you, dispute the charges with your credit card company?

What kind of board is it?

Quote Originally Posted by all4blues View Post
    Might be a dumb question, but there are 2 sized fin boxes, depth wise. Usually the center fin, or trailers are like 1/4 inch and the fronts are 3/4 (I believe). Some fin sets though, the rears/trailer are also deeper. Thats probably not your issue but I dunno. Your not trying to put the deeper 3/4 rear fins into a shallower 1/4 box?
    No all the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    What kind of board is it?
    It's a lost rv.

It just sucks man. I spent $715 for the board.. plus $75 shipping, now 2 - $100 sets of fins. I can't put more fins in the thing. Straight BS. SO PISSED!

It's got to be a faulty fin box.. Idon't have anything I can stick in there to measure.. but I'm sure it's something similiar... Maybe glassed to thick over the box??

If the sizes are right then the only other thing I can think of is that maybe there is resin in the fin box and it's not allowing the fin to set properly, or the fins need a little sanding. Sorry to hear you spent so much and are having trouble. You could have ordered that board (as a custom, not a "lost") and it would have cost you $459. And all 5 fins would have been included, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by all4blues View Post
    If the sizes are right then the only other thing I can think of is that maybe there is resin in the fin box and it's not allowing the fin to set properly, or the fins need a little sanding. Sorry to hear you spent so much and are having trouble. You could have ordered that board (as a custom, not a "lost") and it would have cost you $459. And all 5 fins would have been included, for free.
    I put a shim under the fin and it seems to sit better for now. I'm waiting to hear back from the place I bought it on contact info for the company. Still not cool for so much money.

Also, your right.. I could have gotten a similiar board for probably $200 less from my local guy (as I often do). But that would mean an 8 week wait. When I made the decision that I wanted that shape, I wanted a summer board, for summer. The brand name means nothing. If anything it's a negative in my decision making process because I know it's sub par quality. But, I'm a conveinence buyer. In many cases I pay more than I should, to get what I want, when I want it. It just doesn't usually lead me to this much frustration.

I hear ya...well best of luck on remedying the situation.

Images
    Why not contract lost? Usually places are pretty cool about stuff like this...

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Why not contract lost? Usually places are pretty cool about stuff like this...
    That's what I'm looking to do. Just can't find a way to do that. I scoured the site and there is no contact info anywhere. I reached out to the place where I bought it in hopes they would provide a contact, but haven't heard anything yet.

Futures suck.. sorry. I sold all my boards with futures.