LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

push ups - how to them right

When I surf for almost two hours straight, my pop-ups get sloppy. So, I decided to do push ups everyday and went on youtube to see if I was doing them right. Well, it looks like I'm not. I can't do a push up if I touch the ground!! I'm fine otherwise. Not sure how this will affect my pop-ups and overall physical training. Does it really matter? I decided to follow the approach on the video posted below. So far, my shoulders are a bit sore but I'll keep at it and hope I don't injure myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqHg-aaUQzI

I work on reps getting to feet in the gym all the time. Doing it smoothly throughout a session is a direct result of conditioning. If you're sloppy getting to feet then your timing will be off and that can swiftly end your session or at least make it very hard to deal with. I do my reps while laying on and pushing off a versa pad to mimic the lack of stability with a board planing on water. I also do push-ups on a Swiss ball for the same effect. These help drastically and the reps of foot placement on the exercise is not to be discounted either.

I'm big on this type of training in the gym. I also use versa discs to train Ollies. Such a big impact.

diamonds are a killer

throw in some hand release push ups and burpees. that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    throw in some hand release.
    lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    diamonds are a killer

throw in some hand release push ups and burpees. that should help.
    Burpees would ruin my day a few years back. I ran D3 Cross Country/Track and they would have us do 400m burpees - one lap around the track. Nothing but burpees. No doubt that helps for surfing though!

Images
    do you really want to learn how to do a push up right? join the army dikhead..then youll will learn correct form and how to do push ups until your arms fail. you asked for this answer now you must complete it, weak minded individual.

bartendaz is da shyt. inspirational. master deez and you be da master at anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeaSDXFBG9A

likin' what I see here blasters.....
    1,300 posts & the hate is unabated.......just don't kid yourself on the HOTY14 award, even if I did rip spicoli a new one a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by yankee; Aug 18, 2014 at 01:36 AM.

Try the chicken wing move.......(3:40 on this clip):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhQ6kdDmfE

Images
    I don't always do push ups, but when I do, I'm in a wetsuite.