LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    A couple of months ago I was on another website (not surf related) when a guy posted a question about surfboards as "wall art".

I provided a link to Roy and stated that his boards were well-crafted but probably not much in the water, and went on to state that Roy was quite the oddball and has publicly expressed some strong anti-Semitic behavior on other websites.

Within an hour or so (maybe less), Roy had joined the website as a member and immediately stated that my post was "slanderous" and a bunch of other nonsense. I didn't bother responding because I didn't wish to turn that particular site into another SI...those guys just wouldn't be able to handle it.

So...besides being the oddest duck in the water, it appears that Roy is a serial internet stalker as well. Pathetic.
    Eh, it just means Roy monitors his web traffic and when he starts seeing a lot of activity coming/originating from one link/ip combo he goes and sees what's going on.

If Roy sold a board, good on him. He may still surf like a kook, but he if he really pulled it off, my gath helmet is off to him. He has epitomized the surfing dream as laid out by the Dora, he has pulled off the greatest scam in surfing history.

We’re all trying to follow in the Dora footsteps of scamming, scamming, scamming, because at the end of the day, we are scamming. If you just go surfing and you collect a check, you’re scamming society. It’s true. You do whatever it takes. . . Joel Tudor

The real story here is that Wayne posted something surf related! Good job Wayne, keep it up.

I wonder if it will be ridden or hung on a wall as a piece of art. As much crap as he got, those boards he builds are awfully handsome.

I thought Gandalf started shaping

Gandalf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    The link he provided has a date of 30 days ago. If this were at all legit there would've been more coverage for a 7-figure surfboard sold since then.

Roy=Wayne.
    Tru that. CNN would have ran that ish

Can't buy any of this nonsense until we see financial record proof that the transaction occurred. The "article" provided is insubstantial and hearsay. He could've contacted the Pulitzer winning reporter himself and they would've jumped on the story immediately. News articles aren't the most highly cited works out there when it comes to backup. Let's not purchase Floridian bridges here sight unseen.

Roy=Wayne.

Can't buy any of this nonsense until we see financial record proof that the transaction occurred. The "article" provided is insubstantial and hearsay. He could've contacted the Pulitzer winning reporter himself and they would've jumped on the story immediately. News articles aren't the most highly cited works out there when it comes to backup. Let's not purchase Floridian bridges here sight unseen.
    also, if you fail at selling a product HONESTLY what would be the next logical step?
    one trys to sell it DIS-HONESTLY.

Roy=Wayne.
    I sold a surfboard for $1million. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

On a side note, dude is 53? The years have not been kind to him. I thought he was like 65.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    On a side note, dude is 53? The years have not been kind to him. I thought he was like 65.
    I know that is what I said too. Roy looks old as sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I know that is what I said too. Roy looks old as sh!t.
    perhaps gnomes age at a different rate.
    cause surfing raglan should - at least technically - keep one young.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    perhaps gnomes age at a different rate.
    cause surfing raglan should - at least technically - keep one young.
    I did not think of the difference in Gnome vs Human aging. Nice catch Dr. Baddy