• Walked down the beach to a new spot nearby

21 38.18%
  • Sounded the alarm! and demanded everyone get out of the water

4 7.27%
  • Gone home

12 21.82%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    Small world. My old roomate writes for Fishing Magazines, and I saw this vid in one of his articles yesterday.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gon...o-surf-fishing

Living down the beach with him, I became keenly aware of the fact that I was never really alone in the water. We would surf all day then he would yank sharks and all kinds of other stuff out when the sun went down. Was a little unsettling come time for the next dawn patrol.

For you music guys out there, that's Mickey from the band Ween with him. Theya re a couple of nutjobs

Images
    Deaner!!!!!

untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    If its crowded .
    I think, at least for me, that the number of other people out makes a difference in whether I stay out or not. If it's a crowded break, I figure my chances of getting bit are slim. Like many others have said, they're there, we just don't see them all the time. I've only seen a sizable shark (6+ feet) one time in VB, and I just kept paddling out. I figured he and his buddies were already all up and down the beach, and me moving wasn't going to change that.

That being said, the last time I surfed Boilers down on Pea Island, I started to get really sketched out. I was breaking way outside (at least 300+ yards offshore), and the water was super clear. Don't know why, but for a good 20 minutes all I could think about was what was beneath me... That's really the only time where I pretty much psyched myself out to the point of almost getting out of the water.

In response to if I saw an 8+ foot shark as I'm going down the line, I'm pretty sure I would head in. Just never seen anything that big in person outside of an aquarium.

where's the option to beat the fvck out of the shark?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FUN View Post
    where's the option to beat the fvck out of the shark?
    Thats what I was thinking last month when I answered this poll.....