LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Images

NYC Bodyboarding Ban

This seemed a bit excessive, because a couple of kids got sucked out during Bertha (sounds like bad parenting) they're banning bodyboarding...

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/bo...w-york_116461/

Images
    Pretty f'n lame. Saw this elsewhere and was wondering why it happened so rapidly.

Wow...but not surprised...

We'll, I guess I ride flotation devices. We should protest. VIVA LA SPONGE!!!!

In NYC you can't smoke a cigarette, drink a Big Gulp, or catch a wave on a bodyboard. Land of the Free? Not so sure anymore.

Yeah I don't know what to say about that.... I don't use 'em but my niece and nephew love riding them and it would bother me next time they are out that they can't use them. I don't think the ban will last. it cuts too deep into part of the growing up in rockaway beach experience. I could see if they had an age limit or you have to use swim fins with them sort of thing.....

Images
    Yet another facet / manifestation of the nanny state.

Is this not the city that wanted to ban large sodas?

Images
    Ya know, this whole business of govt. protecting us from ourselves thing is weak, really weak. Let natural selection take place.

Quote Originally Posted by DKH76 View Post
    In NYC you can't smoke a cigarette, drink a Big Gulp, or catch a wave on a bodyboard. Land of the Free? Not so sure anymore.
    Don't forget stop and frisk. Although I don't know if they still enforce it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Ya know, this whole business of govt. protecting us from ourselves thing is weak, really weak. Let natural selection take place.
    I agree with that