LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fahrarms

Responsibilities

Within delegated authority, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the following duties:

(a) Act as a Focal Point for DDR components for 2-3 missions, responsible for planning, support to implementation and evaluation

• Participate in DPKO and Integrated Task Force planning meetings for the establishment of a new peacekeeping mission with a potential DDR component;

• Provide technical assistance to peace negotiations;

• Participate in technical assessment missions;

• Advise, develop and review (as appropriate) initial DDR functional strategy and concept of operations for further development into a full programme by the DDR component and the National DDR Commission;

• Develop and review the DDR input to the reports of the Secretary-General to the Security Council;

• Develop initial result-based framework and budget for new DDR components in new mission;

• Liaise with UNDP and donor community to raise voluntary contributions for DDR programmes;

• Present and/or defend new and subsequent DDR budgetary requirements in the ACABQ and the 5th Committee of the General Assembly;

• Develop staffing structure and terms of reference for a DDR component, including terms of integration with other UN agencies, funds and programmes;

• Provide technical clearance for applicants to DDR units in new and ongoing missions;

• Provide Headquarters support in planning the civilian and military logistics support for DDR;

• Continually review DDR programme strategy and implementation through relevant documents, reports and code cables;

• Conduct field missions to assess implementation of established DDR programmes;

• Identify potential problems and issues to be addressed and suggest remedies to DDR units in the field;

• Liaise with Member States, UN actors and other DDR interested partners to represent the mission's DDR component at the Headquarters level;

• Establish and maintain an outreach network with CSOs and IGOs active in the area of DDR.

(b) Support the doctrine development work in the area of DDR in the department, with the Interagency working group on DDR and other relevant national and international actors working on DDR issues

• Contribute to department-level or Policy Committee-level policy development work on DDR and related issues;

• Maintain and further develop the Integrated DDR Standards – a set of interagency policies, guidelines and procedures on DDR;

• On behalf of the Chief of the DDR Section, co-chair the lnter-Agency Working Group (IAWG) on DDR, contribute to bringing coherence to the interaction of the UN system and its partners on DDR;

• Supervise the Associate Expert (Junior Professional Officer) in the development and maintenance of the web-based United Nations DDR Resource Centre;

• Liaise with others (UN, regional organisations and Member States) providing DDR training.

Images
    i just bought a new .40 smith and wesson yesterday set me back 600 but i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    i just bought a new .40 smith and wesson yesterday set me back 600 but i love it.
    whats that; a pistol?
    been playing with a S+W M+P 10/30 22 LR (an AR copy).....love that (my first) red dot...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    whats that; a pistol?
    been playing with a S+W M+P 10/30 22 LR (an AR copy).....love that (my first) red dot...
    I take my advice back. Pretty much any red dot will work with a 22.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I take my advice back. Pretty much any red dot will work with a 22.
    and so it does. really COOL. (its my first).....i can see the sighting drifting minimally already....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1917858

what a brilliant idea - give an Uzi to a 9 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1917858

what a brilliant idea - give an Uzi to a 9 yr old
    tragic. my 12 year old daughter loves my ruger 10/22 22 LR...but thats only semi-automatic.
    imo she's too young for anything military grade.....