LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear some of you guys are scoring. I'll be doing my 2.5 excursion before sunrise tomorrow on the Delmarva. Very stoked. Hope everyone cashes in!

folly at the pier from 4 pm on was nice..perfect2014-08-27_18.09.08.jpg chest/shoulder highs...thanks cristobal

weird today.

was more like 5 ft at 5 seconds with a goofy northeast cross chop. every 15 minutes a 2 wave set of head high mush monsters would pop up.

Images
    Delmarva report from around 6 p.m. Surfed all afternoon, it was picking up a bit towards evening. No bombs coming in at all... just fun sized, light onshore conditions.

Why these people are wearing any rubber at all is beyond me. The water was easily mid-upper 70s.

Typical set wave:

Images
    fun stuff in CB. not quite the forecasted size of 6'-8' - more like 4'-6' - but glassy wedges that were easy to catch and lots of fun to surf. no complaints whatsoever.

Hatteras and Frisco were def. a few feet overhead by nightfall, but weird also. Dunno if you guys were already onto surfchex or not, but they have some pretty good free streaming cams. Could help save a drive, or speed one up. http://surfchex.com/hatteras-web-cam.php. No Belmar cam though.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Is it just us lazy a$$ Florida surfers, or how about the rest of ya'll. The overwheliming consensus has been "I can't believe how out of shape I am, it's time to start running or skating or something." Unless you've been traveling to Centro or California, the only way to get into surf shape is to surf. No waves all summer = out of breath on the first few drifts. At least 5 different friends, all who surf really well, concur on how sad it feels to run out of gas after only an hour or so. Maybe by Halloween things will shape up. I think we have lots and lots of swell headed our way on the lower East Coast for the next eight months, due to a building El Nino.
    Know what you mean. This old man in VB has been feeling it too. I surf year-round and have been getting out quite a bit this summer; but size and rough conditions-wise, it hasn't been all that physically challenging.
    Was out Monday thru today so far. Twice today, but sessions this week have been much shorter. Wish I could last an hour. Damned embarrassing. Feel like a Sad Sack surfer. Using a different, smaller board. Getting older has some drawbacks, but I want to make it to 59 next week.

IOP was waist to chest. Had some great rides. It was still super drifty.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Know what you mean. This old man in VB has been feeling it too. I surf year-round and have been getting out quite a bit this summer; but size and rough conditions-wise, it hasn't been all that physically challenging.
    Was out Monday thru today so far. Twice today, but sessions this week have been much shorter. Wish I could last an hour. Damned embarrassing. Feel like a Sad Sack surfer. Using a different, smaller board. Getting older has some drawbacks, but I want to make it to 59 next week.
    When I was in my 20s I never dreamed I would live this long. My Dad predicted all my friends and I would be dead by 30, so I never made plans to surf waves at this age. House money. It's all house money. Any wave from this point on is the best wave ever! Happy 59 DosXX!
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Aug 28, 2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: sticky icky

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    a tip for older EC surfers, from an older EC surfer: surfing will never keep you in shape. ask any older surfer - it's not the surfing that keeps you in shape, it's all the other things you do to keep surfing. you just can't get enough surfing in this part of the world to develop the kind of stamina and endurance that you would from daily cardio. just my two cents...