LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Go with a 4/3. Its the most versatile suit out there. Also get a detachable hood and 5 ml booties and 3 to 5 ml gloves. Always better to be too warm than cold. Also if you start traveling to Cali or New England you'll need a wetsuit. The Xcel suits are great. My 3/2 will get me down to 55 water then its hooded 4/3 time. Last season the coldest I surfed in VB was 38 water and air with snow on the beach. Awesome. Best surf is in the winter.

I really could not give two sh*ts what I look like or what people think. Happy, Married & Old. My kids think I'm superman-therefore I have a fanclub.

Thanks for the responses.

Images
    Get a 4/3 and maybe a pair of booties if your feet get too cold, should be good with just that suit in those temp ranges

Quote Originally Posted by ONLY_ELIPTICAL_SHAPES View Post
    u wore a 4/3 with detachable hood shirt in NJ winters? do u recommend?
    no i wear a 4/3 Xcel with attached hood now i used to wear a 3/2 detachable hood a few years ago when i was a broke and no i do not recommend

Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    I really could not give two sh*ts what I look like or what people think. Happy, Married & Old. My kids think I'm superman-therefore I have a fanclub.

Thanks for the responses.
    If you can get a chest zip. I think they are warmer than the back zips since they don't seem to flush as much water. And remember round these parts we call them Wetsuites not wetsuits.

Thanks bro. I don't mind spending a good chunk for a good one. The fun part is going to be finding one. I'm overweight and short- FML FTW!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    Thanks bro. I don't mind spending a good chunk for a good one. The fun part is going to be finding one. I'm overweight and short- FML FTW!
    Brah try O'neill wetsuites, I'm a short square guy as is one of my homies and they fit us both well.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Brah try O'neill wetsuites, I'm a short square guy as is one of my homies and they fit us both well.
    Thanks- I'm probably going to have to try a bunch of different ones. I have short legs (26-27" inseam) Long Torso and very nice spare tire & gut. 5'8" @ 185-200 depending on how well I'm eating and how stressful work is.

Quote Originally Posted by ONLY_ELIPTICAL_SHAPES View Post
    u wore a 4/3 with detachable hood shirt in NJ winters? do u recommend?
    no.
    well, most don't.
    i think.

check out wetsuit warehouse online, they have fitment charts that will help make your decision easier. I have several wetsuits from different manufacturers, and they are all different sizes. You will be looking for either an XLS or LS, depending on the manufacturer.