LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: PaddleAir

Images

PaddleAir

Does anyone have any experience with PaddleAir (http://www.paddleair.com/)?

I came across a banner ad this morning and it looks interesting but maybe just a gimmick.
    It doesn't happen very often but after repeated surfs over consecutive days, I do sometimes suffer from rib ache and a sore lower back and wondered if this helps?

Cushioning and posture seem to be its main focus but it could also act as a tiny bit more buoyancy on bigger days/hold downs (but I may be stretching its use there).

Of course, after 20+ years of surfing, I've never really needed anything like this but none of us are getting any younger.

Thoughts?

Images
    link doesn't work and its probly just some kooky thing

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post
    link doesn't work and its probly just some kooky thing
    Try just paddleair.com - and yeah, I don't doubt that it's kooky but then again once upon a time, so was the leash...

Images
    ZaGaffer's Father in law uses this or something like it i think. Don't ask me why I know, I'm creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    ZaGaffer's Father in law uses this or something like it i think. Don't ask me why I know, I'm creepy.
    You cyberstalking my father in law Clemmy? Do you have a thing for hairy dudes with beer bellies and big scars? Did you see this board he shaped for sale on Craigslist?

I did buy one for my father in law. He looked at it the first time and said, "What the hell is this?" Christmas is a magical time. I think he likes it, it's kind of hard to tell. Most of our conversations consist of him demanding more grandchildren or calling me a dumbass for marrying his daughter. Or both at the same time. It's not my fault she can't keep a job. I did not marry her for her business acumen. She has other skills.

He uses it anyway, although he was pretty skeptical at first. It helps him lift his head off the board, he can't really bend his back or neck anymore. In the last 8 year's he's had lower back surgery for herniated disks, four vertebrae in his neck/upper back fused, and ligaments in both shoulders repaired.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Aug 27, 2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Savvy?

Images
    +1...I'm even creepier b/c I think it's one of those Ergo vests...same concept I believe. And I'm also pretty sure he said it's alleviated his pa-in-law's lower back pain.

Wish I could bring more to the table here, but it certainly sounds logical.

Clemson creepy is the new cool.

Images
    Well, there ya have it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Clemson creepy is the new cool.
    Clemson, creepy is the new cool.

or

"Clemson creepy" is the new cool.

You know what my vote is.

Images
    "Clemson creepy" is the new cool.
    Works either way but now I'm partial to this.

Looks kooky if you ask me, but I'm sure it does work for it's intended purpose. If I was older and had neck/back issues I'd give it a shot.