LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fin to skull. How long should I rest?

I was (trying) to surf North Topsail Beach, NC, yesterday, ate it and got a fin to the top of my head. The board is a foam longboard with softer fins, good choice.

I didn't go unconcious, feel generally well, and have a small bump. How long should I rest to avoid long term damage?

Thank you.

Sam

Images
    Yes. Come to SI for medical advice.

Do you have a concussion? If knot, you should be fine.

A couple of years at the minimum. Head injuries can lower the seizure threshold and that would be deadly in the water.

You have a brain cloud. It's an incurable disease with no symptoms; but you will be dead within 6 months. You have some time left, some life left. My advice, live it well.

Go surf Mavericks.

oh boy here we go

Images
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Yes. Come to SI for medical advice.
    Classic bro.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    You have a brain cloud. It's an incurable disease with no symptoms; but you will be dead within 6 months. You have some time left, some life left. My advice, live it well.

Go surf Mavericks.
    Joe Versus The Volcano!! Good flick.

No blood no foul..surf. If you're fuzzy be careful wait a day or three. You'll know...else..go surf.

The fact that you feel well is a sure sign theres something MAJOR wrong. Time to hang it up. No more physical activities for you. Tough break pal.

post a pic of your injury, your board, the fins, a selfie, your girlfriend or mom.

these will help us with the diagnosis