LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    I agree on 1 thing mentioned above.... its only a matter of time before we hear about the whites taking someone off new england. As of the past 2 summers on long island.... its been like a seaworld show with all the sightings of dolphins, whales, big feeding frenzies 50 yards off the beach...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,425
    Images
    6
    Maybe we should all just get dolphinoplasties so we can out swim them.

    dolphinoplasty.jpg

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    503
    ^^^ Nice touch dude

    That is my 500th post.

    Slide in.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,425
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    ^^^ Nice touch dude

    That is my 500th post.

    Slide in.
    Thank ye sir, congrats on da 5 hundo.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    This is one of the best ideas I've heard in a while. Bait humans!

    You can go by Home Depot and get a couple of those guys with the "Will work AS food" signs. Helps the economy too.

    Seldom Seen's Think Tank, always looking out for the Greater Good!
    Ha! Perfect idea. I'm certain there are people in this world who would accept money to bait sharks away from the beach. This is basically the same as being a rodeo clown. The main difference would be the outfit. While rodeo clowns sport the whole clown getup, a shark baiter would dress up in a black rubbery suit that covers most of his/her body. Oh wait...

  6. #26
    thats why you want some groms on short boards around. They look much more like seals. I am 6'3" and often on a LB so i tell myself that they are more likely to take a nip of young ripper

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    thats why you want some groms on short boards around. They look much more like seals. I am 6'3" and often on a LB so i tell myself that they are more likely to take a nip of young ripper
    But you're out deeper! It's gotta be safer to be on the inside.

    Question to ponder: do sharks give a ****e about tides? In some news footage I saw from Mass they showed a GW about 100 yds off shore in Cape Cod. Let's say it was 100 yards off shore at high tide. When the tide goes out is she now, say, 40 yards off shore and closer to the break?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,629
    I hear great whites love to eat surfers because they crave the b/o mixed with Gatorade and doritos scent.they go crazy for it lol

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    But you're out deeper! It's gotta be safer to be on the inside.

    Question to ponder: do sharks give a ****e about tides? In some news footage I saw from Mass they showed a GW about 100 yds off shore in Cape Cod. Let's say it was 100 yards off shore at high tide. When the tide goes out is she now, say, 40 yards off shore and closer to the break?
    Maybe so but the longboarder looks a lot bigger than the shortboarder with their shins and feet hanging off the back.... looks so seal-a-riffic from underneath!!!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    207
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    But you're out deeper! It's gotta be safer to be on the inside.

    Question to ponder: do sharks give a ****e about tides? In some news footage I saw from Mass they showed a GW about 100 yds off shore in Cape Cod. Let's say it was 100 yards off shore at high tide. When the tide goes out is she now, say, 40 yards off shore and closer to the break?
    for some strange reason i always feel better when the tide is low...

    i'd say if the water is deep enough for a seal to be hunting, it's probably deep enough for...well...

    but if you're around a river mouth, i think things drain and get more active at low tide, probably especially at dawn/dusk...HOWEVER, it's probably really easy for them bulls down south to get up the river when tide is high or incoming