LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Petition to protect or coast

Hey guys,as you probably know they want to build Two industrial port facilities for natural gas off our coast.It would only be about 20 miles off the Monmouth county coastline.There's a petition you can sign,just go to surfrider Jersey shore chapter and click on to the LNG proposals pose new threat.Once you get there just scroll down to the petiton link.I heard on the news their going to build some crap off the Florida coast now.Lets fight for what we love........................

Images
    Could you link us?

Petition

Hey Guys,

Here's the link : http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/689151878

Later

Images

Environmental Impacts

what are the environmental impacts?

hell yeah man.
    tell me what to do, and I will do it.

Images
    Whats wrong with that? Everybody wants cheap energy but know one wants it in their own backyard. Geeze it's 20 miles out your not gonna even see it. Can we put windmills out there? No? Why because it's an eye sore? You want a car that runs on hydrogen fuel cells? You need energy to make the hydrogen, so what will it be coal, natural gas, oil, wind, solar I say a little of everything and every little thing helps. I agree with darealm what are the environmental impacts? Don't just sign on to some crap because it makes you feel like you are doing something without finding out for yourself what it is all about. So many people sign on to these things and have no clue other than the propoganda they have been sold by organizations like surfrider, green peace and such.
    Last edited by Zippy; Jul 15, 2008 at 01:15 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Whats wrong with that? Everybody wants cheap energy but know one wants it in their own backyard. Geeze it's 20 miles out your not gonna even see it. Can we put windmills out there? No? Why because it's an eye sore? You want a car that runs on hydrogen fuel cells? You need energy to make the hydrogen, so what will it be coal, natural gas, oil, wind, solar I say a little of everything and every little thing helps. I agree with darealm what are the environmental impacts? Don't just sign on to some crap because it makes you feel like you are doing something without finding out for yourself what it is all about. So many people sign on to these things and have no clue other than the propoganda they have been sold by organizations like surfrider, green peace and such.
    1. Destruction of the ocean. If you're gonna say it won't destroy the coastline you're out of your mind. If we're gonna do this, what was the point of stopping dumping in the ocean. NYC dumped miles off the NJ coast, and it all washed up. We spent so much time getting them to stop so the ocean would be CLEAN. Not cluttered with machines.

2. Wildlife. It'll kill wildlife around it. Maybe not once it is finished, but it will take over 50 years to finish building it. By then the wildlife will already be gone.

If you want such a better plan, do what you can to reduce the amount of energy you use. Buy a more efficient car. Instead of buying that Caddy Escalade or Hummer H2, buy something that'll get 30+mpg. Don't ***** about how you "need" a big vehicle. If you need something like that, get a truck. Atleast with trucks you can see they have a need. But a big ass SUV serves no purpose. Reuse water bottles when possible. Turn off lights/air conditioners/computers/TVs when they aren't being used. Don't let things run just because it doesn't seem much. Unplug phone chargers etc when they aren't in use. They still use energy.

There are many more things we can do to help lessen the amount we use, you just actually got put an effort forth.

Talking 20 miles

Hey Zip,20 miles might seem alot to you but have you ever heard of tides and currents.Look at a southeast wind.Water gets kind of chilly pretty quick would'nt you say bro?

Images

Show Me Proof

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    2. Wildlife. It'll kill wildlife around it. Maybe not once it is finished, but it will take over 50 years to finish building it. By then the wildlife will already be gone.
    How do you know the drilling platform will kill wildlife around it? How do you know the water will be polluted?

Don't get me wrong, I am an aspiring environmentalist. I only use CFLs, I recycle, I drive a Honda Civic, and I only use canvas bags at the grocery store. I just want to hear all the facts.