LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    You got that tat last friday? You are fine to surf now. Just wear a top/wetty. I have a full sleeve and got it finished the end of April and was in the water for that first decent swell we had the first week of May not even a week wait. Mine is fine.

    If you just got it yesterday I would say do not go because salt water drys skin which = a dried out tattoo which = fading. People who say they went in after the day they got fresh ink are insane because I have a vary bad faded one because of it.


    Wait at least 1 week.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by OCSpongR View Post
    Trust me hear when I say GO SURF! I have 'hundreds' of tats and have never missed surf do to a fresh one. Clorine in pools is the enemy not so much the salt of the ocean. Just take a bottle of fresh water and triple anti biotic to the beach and wash and coat it when your done and you'll be fine.
    See you jackles as soon as I can weezel outta work!

    Like OCSpongR said go surf! I have several tat's as well. And the ocean is fine. Just clean with some fresh water and some basatration when done. Stay away from pools. Chlorine. Plus my boy just got back from Bora Bora and got a sick traditional tribal tat there. Yes old school style (stick and bone) tapped with a rock. He was in the ocean the same day and everyday after. And his tat is fine.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Jul 24, 2008 at 07:22 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Plus my boy just got back from Bora Bora and got a sick traditional tribal tat there. Yes old school style (stick and bone) tapped with a rock. He was in the ocean the same day and everyday after. And his tat is fine.
    Any chance of putting up a pic?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Any chance of putting up a pic?
    Sure, I'll post it when i get home from work at 5. He will be stoked!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    if u were to ask me when the best time to get a tat, in order not to miss good surf, I would have said the middle of july, which ordinarily is a terrible surf month. This july just happens to be one of the best I can recall. In fact the year of 2008 has been really good for this area - relatively speaking to previous years.
    After the past couple years i agree with you fully.. Sucks ur missing out on the surf tho.. Should of just waited it's not like that tattoo is not gonna be around..

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    HAHA... I just got one last Thursday because my friend is an apprentice and does them for free. I waited till after last swell to get it and figured, "Nooo, there won't be any waves."

    A week later its calling for chest to head with offshore winds... hmmm... I'm definitely going out. Mine peeled fully yesterday and I'm just going to wrap it up with syran (sp) wrap and tape it as best as possible. JUST GO!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    HAHA... I just got one last Thursday because my friend is an apprentice and does them for free. I waited till after last swell to get it and figured, "Nooo, there won't be any waves."

    A week later its calling for chest to head with offshore winds... hmmm... I'm definitely going out. Mine peeled fully yesterday and I'm just going to wrap it up with syran (sp) wrap and tape it as best as possible. JUST GO!

    Dood a week ago? You will be fine don't need to wrap. If it fully peeled it is healed. Just wear a wetty/top and make sure you stay out of the sun and put sunscreen on.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deal ((Benny Central))
    Posts
    155
    ahh **** it im going out tommrrow anyway... surf comes first.... The reason i got it on my back was so if i mess it up by going in salt water to early (( from surfing )) i dont have to see it.. haha

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    Dood a week ago? You will be fine don't need to wrap. If it fully peeled it is healed. Just wear a wetty/top and make sure you stay out of the sun and put sunscreen on.
    It's on my calf so I have to wear my 3/2 to keep it outta the sun. Also, it's just about all red so thats what I was worried about, it fading and losing color.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,384
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Any chance of putting up a pic?

    As requested