LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    crazzy video of perfect man made wave

    http://www.liquidevolution.com/index...chnology/home/

    click on the play arrow under the "liquid evolution" box. the wave is freaky how perfect it is

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-srTtMf2RI
    Last edited by windswellsucks; Jul 25, 2008 at 04:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Washington dc
    Posts
    167
    too bad it does not exist anymore

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    this is just a prototype, 6inch wave example, of the technology they have created and are looking to recreate in surf parks.

    word on the street is these parks are in the works - any one have any definitive word if these parks are happening.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PG
    Posts
    262
    Images
    14
    ron jon has 1 in the making

    http://www.surfparks.com/home.php

  5. #5
    yea ron jon is the only one i know about thats actually gonna happen but probly not till next year. I wish they made one up here but thats probly not gonna happen..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by JaYbLaZeE View Post
    yea ron jon is the only one i know about thats actually gonna happen but probly not till next year. I wish they made one up here but thats probly not gonna happen..
    ron jon's site said - cost will be around 50-60 dollars for a 2 hour session in the pro pool (4-8ft world class surf - so they say).

    not cheap - would you guys pay 60 dollars for a sesh?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    PG
    Posts
    262
    Images
    14
    it might be like a once a year thing for me if it were up here, but i'd rather paddle around the flat ocean and get a workout than pay 60 for a piss pool

    as for the orlando one, i'd have to fly down there too which jacks up the overall cost...unless i'm in a training conference in orlando (i get lucky every now and then)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    ron jon's site said - cost will be around 50-60 dollars for a 2 hour session in the pro pool (4-8ft world class surf - so they say).

    not cheap - would you guys pay 60 dollars for a sesh?
    That's cheaper than the gas it takes those of us landlocked to get to the beach, not to mention the time to get there, and for a guaranteed perfect wave over rollin the dice on the conditions...sign me up

  9. #9

    waveyard

    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    this is just a prototype, 6inch wave example, of the technology they have created and are looking to recreate in surf parks.

    word on the street is these parks are in the works - any one have any definitive word if these parks are happening.
    Waveyard in Arizona is in development. Looks high end / pricey.
    http://www.waveyard.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    salisbury
    Posts
    113
    Images
    24
    Ive paid $100 for a 3 hr session at typhoon lagoon with it pumped all the way up with a-frames, but I wouldn't do that regularly - it was my buddy's bachelor party. The ron jon park looks like it will be a much better wave.
    There is something to be said for having the exact same wave at the exact same interval for trying out new things - kinda like skating, you know what and where you can do things.
    Nice for learning new tricks - but you know there will be a whole new breed that come out of this able to surf decent but not having a clue how to handle currents, or maybe even how to duck-dive, let alone proper etiquette in the lineup.