LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question best boardshort/wetsuit company

i'm posting this in this section, as it seems to get the most visitors...

basically, in your opinion, who makes the best/most comfortable BOARDSHORTS.

and the best/most comfortable WETSUITS.

personally, i think RVCA makes the best boardshorts (i've yet to bring myself to pay 80 bucks for hurley phantoms, but i'm told they're great)

and as far as i'm concerned, XCEL INFINITI is the best wetsuit on the planet.

what do y'all think???

Im an XCEL wetsuit guy and i agree about them having the best wetsuits... Boardshorts i wanted the phantoms but like you said 80 is too much, but i have heard they are the most comfortable.

Images
    I'll wear almost any kind of board short. I like Xcel wetsuits too though.

Xcel infinity - have a 5/4/3 and and 3/2 - are the best wetsuits i've owned in 21 years of year around surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Xcel infinity - have a 5/4/3 and and 3/2 - are the best wetsuits i've owned in 21 years of year around surfing.
    5/4/3 !!!!!

good god that is a thick suit!!!!

i wear a 2/2 here in pensacola..... if it get's really cold (54 degree water, 30 degree air, 20+ mph offshores) i'll wear a 3/2 and some booties...

i'm actually more comfortable in a wetsuit than i am in boardshorts...

during the summer we get jellyfish, and this year has been the worst in recent memory... it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    5/4/3 !!!!!

i wear a 2/2 here in pensacola..... if it get's really cold (54 degree water, 30 degree air, 20+ mph offshores) i'll wear a 3/2 and some booties...

during the summer we get jellyfish, and this year has been the worst in recent memory... it sucks.
    yeah it is...but the Xcel is surprisingly flexible.
    a really cold session in Maryland would be 38 degree water, 25 degree air, 20+ mph offshores. That 5/4/3 Xcel is the first wetsuit i've owned that just kicked ass in those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    yeah it is...but the Xcel is surprisingly flexible.
    a really cold session in Maryland would be 38 degree water, 25 degree air, 20+ mph offshores. That 5/4/3 Xcel is the first wetsuit i've owned that just kicked ass in those conditions.
    i'll pass on the 38 degree water

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    5/4/3 !!!!!

Enjoy that warm water!! The winters have been warming up with some 60 degree days.. but when its cold, its ****ing cold. I wear a 6/5/4..keeps me warm!

We just had a little swell here and had to wear my 3/2 because the water went down to mid-upper 50's at the end of JULY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Enjoy that warm water!! The winters have been warming up with some 60 degree days.. but when its cold, its ****ing cold. I wear a 6/5/4..keeps me warm!

We just had a little swell here and had to wear my 3/2 because the water went down to mid-upper 50's at the end of JULY!!!!

dang, here it's 88 degree water, 95 degree air.... and partly cloudy

sweatin' my balls off.

RipCurl 4/3 w/ the insulate has got me thru the past two winters in MD fine. The thinsulate really helps with warmth, but there have been days where my thighs and hips got numb, but only after long dead of winter sessions. Really a great, comfortable suit which has held up beautifully, I would think it would be Ideal for the winters in the carolinas.

I rocked an OLD 3/2 for a while, and used it my first winter... my boys hand me down, holey as hell, sometimes layered in the chest with an old vest. Miserably cold and heavy from the layers, but doable. I think after going thru that it built up my tolerance for the chill...