LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken again...

Broken again...

One day, hopefully soon, I will learn to leave the bad surf alone and play video games. I couldn't help myself today and was surfing shorebreak, turned on a small wave and felt my fin dig into the sand. Sure enough it broke the fin and pulled out one of the plugs. I dropped it off to get fixed, but I don't have anything to surf till then.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    One day, hopefully soon, I will learn to leave the bad surf alone and play video games. I couldn't help myself today and was surfing shorebreak, turned on a small wave and felt my fin dig into the sand. Sure enough it broke the fin and pulled out one of the plugs. I dropped it off to get fixed, but I don't have anything to surf till then.
    well stop surfing small sh!tty waves i guess...

just kidding... i've done it once before...

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

Angry

heres a suggestion go to a surf shop and rent a board until you get yours back i know it wont be the same as your own board but at least youll have something to ride if we ever get waves.

4. that blows man i did that awhile back ago before i lived on the coast so i had to use a rental for the long weekend....and it was def white and orange....one fugly stick

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't afford to drop 20 or 25 bucks every time I want to go surfing. I'm working and borrowing my way through college. I am working on borrowing a longboard to hold me over.

you can also keep calling the guy who's fixing your board and ask how long it would be and do it over and over it bugs them thats what i did once and the dude got my board back to me in like a week.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    you can also keep calling the guy who's fixing your board and ask how long it would be and do it over and over it bugs them thats what i did once and the dude got my board back to me in like a week.
    that's a long time for ding repair.... the shop i work at, turnaround time is 3-4 days...

we fix 20-30 boards a week... even more if there is a good swell.

Images
    Learn ding repair yourself Cheaper, faster, you know its gonna be done right (unless you're retarded)

the board i broke was epoxy so it took the guy a little longer to repair it also the repair wasnt a ding the nose broke off while surfing shorebreak.

I've taken boards to 3 different shops (Aussie Island, Hotwax, and The Cove) and the turn around time was 1-2 weeks at all of them. Most of the shops around here use the same guy. I can do quick repairs with sun cure, I'm ok with fiberglass but my brother is pretty good with it and fixes most of our stuff. I don't want to mess around with fins and mess something up though, so I take that to someone who knows what they are doing.