LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: OC NJ 7th st

OC NJ 7th st

Just curious, i've noticed that 3rd street to 9th street in OC NJ the waves suck. In April those were my favorite spots to surf on and now I am forced to crowded 56th st. What happened? (dredging) When will the sandbars be back?

Images
    56th street is fickle, you should look elsewhere....there are better spots nearby

Images
    i sponge around the pier there and yeah, super fickle depending on the tide but its always crowded everywhere.. the flies in strathmere will eat you alive and headed north youre pretty much stuck in a couple spots unless its before/after guarded hours

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by npg7272 View Post
    Just curious, i've noticed that 3rd street to 9th street in OC NJ the waves suck. In April those were my favorite spots to surf on and now I am forced to crowded 56th st. What happened? (dredging) When will the sandbars be back?
    You just noticed....?

No, i actually watched them expand the beach with those huge pipes, im just wonderin when it will be back to normally, plus 7th street surf shops business must be hurtin now

I agree with Darealm - definitely not 56th. Fickle, crowded, and not worth it.
    Last edited by Subluna; Jul 30, 2008 at 12:32 AM.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    damnit, i surf 7th and 8th ave all year round except summertime. i hope its not ****ty then

Sooo, if not 56th street then where in the vicnity? Northern streets of avalon or do i have to go all the way to north street and waverly in OC. Is there any decent spots in between?