LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Todd is right.....It did happen.

This is all i could find on it but apparently it is true.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=601474
    Oh boy, how exciting! I wanna hook me one of those ****ers!!!

Images

gw

i read the stripers online forum, yeah that kind of sucks that there are great whites here but at least new jersey doesn't really have a seal population, cape cod does though i believe and one of the older fisherman guys who goes for stripers up there has seen a great white cruising within 100ft of the shoreline on two seperate occasions at race point, and i read last week in the fisherman a 14' great white was netted in a trawler 1 mile outside of a south jersey inlet around avalon or something, it's something to chew on. . .

Images
    Thanks for not believing me. Anyway, I've seen sharks closer to shore. A few of my buddies (lifeguards at Squan) have said they've seen sharks on the row boat. One of them told me they saw a Great White the size of the guard boat (15 feet) at the end of the Manasquan Inlet. They are out there, but its really not a big threat cause they've always been there too.

Fish

Pilot fish. They swim around our lifeguard buoy in Mantoloking.

It must of been sweet to catch one of them.. s*** I wanna catch me one of them f****** too..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Thanks for not believing me. Anyway, I've seen sharks closer to shore. A few of my buddies (lifeguards at Squan) have said they've seen sharks on the row boat. One of them told me they saw a Great White the size of the guard boat (15 feet) at the end of the Manasquan Inlet. They are out there, but its really not a big threat cause they've always been there too.
    I never said i didn't believe you....Just wanted to know where you got the info from....cause some people make stories up.......that's all. I was not pointing the finger at you at all.

Like i said before crazy stories start to come up around shark week every year.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    I never said i didn't believe you....Just wanted to know where you got the info from....cause some people make stories up.......that's all. I was not pointing the finger at you at all.

Like i said before crazy stories start to come up around shark week every year.
    I didn't direct that at you... it was the one who said "pics or it didn't happen"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    I didn't direct that at you... it was the one who said "pics or it didn't happen"

lolz......

Talking Pilot Fish

Quote Originally Posted by KDSurfsNJ View Post
    Pilot fish. They swim around our lifeguard buoy in Mantoloking.
    Thanks KD, I looked up pictures and thats definitely the right fish. Coincidentally, with all the shark posts, the pilot fish hangs around sharks.

I've seen ads for SharkCamo, the zebra decal you put on the bottom of your board to deter sharks. Seems bogus, I don't think sharks can decipher the stripes from that far below, but couldn't hurt? Not that you need it in Jersey. But say, South Africa.

Shark is speeding in for attack and at the last second.......he thinks "oh wait, its my buddy the pilot fish."

P.s. South Africa, would be an awesome Surf Trip/World Cup Fantasy 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nickzilla720 View Post
    ...P.s. South Africa, would be an awesome Surf Trip/World Cup Fantasy 2010.
    That def would be a sick trip!