LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Fishing...

Images

Surf Fishing...

Has anyone been out surf fishing lately? Catching anything?

Nice flat spell coming up so I figured it could be some time for fishing.

What rigs are you using and bait? GO.....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Has anyone been out surf fishing lately? Catching anything?

Nice flat spell coming up so I figured it could be some time for fishing.

What rigs are you using and bait? GO.....
    No pole for me or bait......I spear fish with a hawaiian sling when it's flat.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    No pole for me or bait......I spear fish with a hawaiian sling when it's flat.
    Yeah, I wanted to get into that...and get my scuba license. My cousin down in FLA always spear fishes and gets the craziest things.

My stepdad has a spear gun too, I might have to take it out one day.

Images

fishing

i may get stones thrown at me but im glad its going to be flat for a few days so i can get the kayak out for some drifts. . .fluke is the primaray fish right now been getting a few fish a day with a bucktail and teaser from the surf, some small summer blues and snappers can show up at anytime as well, i read an article about some guy in ocean city who catches brown sharks in is kayak by setting up chum slicks in august but you might want to read the seaside heights fish thread before trying that--if you surf and fish it's never flat there is always something to do

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ritecoastsurfer3 View Post
    i may get stones thrown at me but im glad its going to be flat for a few days so i can get the kayak out for some drifts. . .fluke is the primaray fish right now been getting a few fish a day with a bucktail and teaser from the surf, some small summer blues and snappers can show up at anytime as well, i read an article about some guy in ocean city who catches brown sharks in is kayak by setting up chum slicks in august but you might want to read the seaside heights fish thread before trying that--if you surf and fish it's never flat there is always something to do
    haha... I was reading that thread. Some crazy stuff. Yeah I've been out in the back bay on my boat a few times and out to the wrecks in the ocean and have been coming up short. About a month or two ago we got a 21inch and 19inch fluke and about 2 weeks ago, cuaght an 18inch in our crab trap! Go figure.

Images
    Bloodworms are the go-to bait for kingfish in the surf.Also have had reports of some bass out front under bunker, bring a snag hook if they come close enough! Or go along the sod banks in the back at dusk or dawn when its quiet for some bass.(Bring the Poppers!)

Spoons for Blues

Right now is a good time to throw a spoon out to catch some blues since its flat. If you wanna go bigger, filet the blue and toss it out on a large circle hook.

Images
    Oh I got my snag hook! Waiting for bunker or snapper blues to be jumping out there. At this point I just want to catch something.

water has been extra murky lately for spear fishing....visibility was only about 4 feet today, somedays its crystal clear like 15 ft of visibility...still trying to figure out why...i know the time of days doesn't matter, i'm pretty sure it has to do with the currents and winds

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper4184 View Post
    water has been extra murky lately for spear fishing....visibility was only about 4 feet today, somedays its crystal clear like 15 ft of visibility...still trying to figure out why...i know the time of days doesn't matter, i'm pretty sure it has to do with the currents and winds
    Haha...yeah spear fishing in murky waters can be spooky. You never know what's gonna show up.