LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surf Fishing...

I worked for DNREC for 3 years hydrographic surveying monitoring beach erosion. As far as I can Figure the clairity of the water is directly related to rain fall. Silt carried in the waters of local tidal rivers. Clearest water I ever saw was during the 2000 summer/fall drought, I could see sandy bottom when I was 500' off shore in 25+ feet of water. Up in the surfzone it was crystal clear.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnash View Post
    I worked for DNREC for 3 years hydrographic surveying monitoring beach erosion. As far as I can Figure the clairity of the water is directly related to rain fall. Silt carried in the waters of local tidal rivers. Clearest water I ever saw was during the 2000 summer/fall drought, I could see sandy bottom when I was 500' off shore in 25+ feet of water. Up in the surfzone it was crystal clear.
    a big factor for clarity is if there is a lot of nearshore currents. When there is wind whipping up the current it moves a lot of sand around.

you'll notice our clearest waters in the surf zone are when we have ground swells with light local winds. This is because the wind swells churn things up and cause the dark waters.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    No pole for me or bait......I spear fish with a hawaiian sling when it's flat.
    where do you sling? i havent been since april in baja and im itching to get out there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd468 View Post
    where do you sling? i havent been since april in baja and im itching to get out there
    All over......Pumphouse, whitehall, phillips ,neptune....and all the way down to sea girt,spring lake ect.....Where ever i find a long jetty that extends out under water is perfect.

Images
    I've never been spear fishing before... anyone have any tips or thoughts on it? I'm pretty interested in giving it a try this flat spell.

just got a rod a month ago.
    What is th easiest thing to catch for a beginner?
    I use to catch Sunny's in a pond when I was 7. man stale bread worked wonders.
    I have some squid and a hook(medium size). Any help will be apprecaited.
    looking to fish in the bay.

Anybody spearing around DE/Ocean City? I heard the inner & outer wall off CHSP can produce, but also heard the man in the gray suit likes to make appearances.

has anyone been fishing in iri lately and got anything

Images
    went out in IR and seen a few fluke caught, just got back from VA and mopped them up and no keepers, but still good to catch fish again.

Do you guys mean Fluke or Flounder?Kinda of early for Fluke.